Aloo Gobhi ( Cauliflower Potato curry) is the most common simple and basic vegetable curry in every house hold and can be prepared with minimal ingredients . The star Ingredient for the recipe is the Homemade Curry Powder . The curry pairs beautifully with the Curry powder and adding Garam masala adds an interesting flavor. If cooked too much Cauliflower will loose its flavor and texture . Check my recipe how to Cook and season every time you add the vegetables . Cut big florets and cooks perfectly without falling apart when finished cooking. Adding turmeric gives nice color to the Curry . Add tomatoes at the end and cook for few minutes if you want to taste Juicy tomato along with Cauliflower and Potato . Stir Occasionally to avoid burning . Add handful of finely chopped Coriander leaves at the end for fresh herb flavor.
Note : Soak Cauliflower florets in Salt Water to remove dirt and Bugs . Cauliflower tasty meaty when roasted with potatoes and fragrant spices , tomatoes and Chickpeas for a delicious One pot meal. Do try the recipe and you will never think Cauliflower as bland and boring.
Recipe for 3 to 4 People . Need a wide Pan . Preparation time : 15 minutes Cooking time : 15 minutes .
2. Potato – 1 ( Big , Cubed)
3. Onion – 1 medium ( diced)
4. Tomatoes -3 ( diced)
5. Grated garlic – 4 cloves
6. Grated ginger – 1 tbsp.
. 7. Oil – 3 to 4 tbsp. 8. Salt as per taste Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp.
9. Curry leaves -5 and finely chopped Coriander Leaves
10. Cooked Chickpeas – 1/2 cup
11. Home made Curry Powder – 2 tbsp. ( Blend of Red chilli powder, Coriander and cumin powder , Fenugreek and Mustard Powder , Mango powder ,Garlic cloves and finely chopped coriander . Blend altogether )
2. Once Potatoes are half cooked add Grated ginger and grated garlic . Fry for couple of minutes . Add Washed Cauliflower florets . Season with Salt , Curry Powder and 2 tbsp. Oil . Mix gently . Wash the lid with Water and cover and Cook 3 minutes on each side . The steam helps Cauliflower cook Perfectly without adding Water.
5. Add Cooked Chickpeas too.