Children need to eat a rainbow of colors; eating healthy foods will provide better immune system and lower the risk of diseases . Children and adolescents do not get enough Calcium ( diary products and Green leafy vegetables) Potassium ( Legumes and Potatoes) Fiber ( Whole grains , fruits and Vegetables) and Vitamin D & E ( Sunshine and fortified diary products) . Children will get essential nutrients if we include Whole grains, legumes , fruits and vegetables in their diet. Kids needs 5 serving of fruits and vegetables every day. Preparing Lunch / Lunch Box doesn’t need to be a chore. If you have noticed by now I’m a big fan of home cooked food and like to do preparation ahead of time ( day before) and spend less time cooking ( say 10 to 15 minutes) during Lunch / Dinner .Today I’m sharing a simple recipe that you can prepare in a single Pan and easy available ingredients from your pantry and refrigerator. Prepare the Kebabs ahead of time and refrigerate and Pan fry them before you serve for Lunch / Dinner. or else grind / Mash chickpeas and chop the vegetables and refrigerate . Make patties and pan fry before you serve for Lunch / Dinner.
Recipe for 6 Kebabs.
Preparation time : 15 Minutes and Cooking time : 15 Minutes .
1. Bread slices – 6
2. Oil – 1 tbsp.
3. Rice flour – 2 tbsp. ( Optional)
4 . Water
5. Cooked Chickpeas – 1 cup
6. Boiled Potato -1
7. Finely chopped vegetables – 1 cup
8. Finely chopped Onions – 1/4 th Cup
9. Green Chillies – 2
10 . Garlic cloves – 2
11. Ginger – small piece
12. Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp.
13. Curry Powder – 1 /2 to 1 tbsp.
14. Finely chopped Coriander Leaves .
1. Grind Cooked chickpeas with Green Chillies , Ginger , Garlic , finely chopped Onions and Salt . Transfer to a bowl . To this add boiled and crumbled Potato, finely chopped Vegetables ,Curry powder, Finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well . Check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly .
3. Remove the crust of Bread and sprinkle some water on one side of Bread and stretch the bread by placing in between your hands.
5. Grease your hands again with some Oil and shape them and make sure the Chickpea patty is covered with Bread.
NOTE : If needed sprinkle some Rice flour on each Chickpea patty .