Easy to prepare Breakfast and we will be happy if Kids eat the same . Sharing two different chutney’s which will be liked by kids ( everyone0 . and No need to Convince Kids to eat their Breakfast. Try these Soft and Fluffy Idli’s with two different dips. Studies suggest once he /she gets used to eating out at the same time they won’t skip it any more . Kids who eat Breakfast behave better than Kids don’t. Today I’m sharing a NEW chutney recipe that you can serve with any Breakfast recipes like Idli , Dosa and Vada. Along with Chutney recipe I shared recipe for Idli and Yogurt raita. Need good fermentation for soft and fluffy Idli’s . The rice and Urad dal in Idli’s complement each other making it a Balanced breakfast . Idli Sambar/ Idli Chutney / Idli Yogurt Raita the most nutritious Breakfast. Idli fills you up with few Calories. A classic South Indian food Idli prepared with Black Lentils and rice or Idli rava is a good source of Carbohydrates , Protein and is fermented . Fermented foods contain good bacteria and offers wide range of Health Benefits. Fermented foods improve gut health and immune system , Synthesize and increase bio availability of nutrients, reduces the symptoms of Lactose intolerance and reduces certain types of diseases. Though it is a South Indian food it is liked and tasted by people all over the world.
Recipe for Mixed Nuts Chutney :
1. Dry coconut – 1 cup
2. Lightly roasted Mixed Nuts – 1/2 Cup ( Peanuts , Cashews , Almonds and Pistachio’s )
3. Green Chillies – 2 ( Mild Spicy) and Ginger – small piece
4. Red chillies – 2
6. Tamarind – Marble size
7. Curry Leaves and Finely chopped coriander Leaves
8. Water for grinding Chutney
9. Seasoning – Urad dal , Cumin seeds, Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp. each , Broken Red chillies – 4
10. Oil – 2 tbsp.
11. Garlic – 1 or 2 ( Optional)
1.Grind Dry coconut , Nuts , Salt , tamarind , Green Chillies , Red chillies, Ginger , garlic , Chopped coriander and water . Check for Consistency and add water accordingly .
2. Heat 2 tbsp. oil and Splutter Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds , Urad dal and Broken Red chillies . Switch off the stove and add Curry leaves and Finely chopped Coriander Leaves . Add this tadka to the Chutney . Check for Salt and adjust accordingly .
SERVE this Chutney with IDLI.
RECIPE for Idli :
1. Soak 1 cup Urad dal and 2 cups Brown Basmati rice for 2 to 3 Hours .
2. After 3 Hours Wash Urad dal and rice and grind into a Smooth Batter with little Salt .
3. Ferment Overnight .
4. Grease Idli Plates with little Oil and pour 4 tbsp. Batter in each mould . Steam for 12 to 13 minutes . Use a wet steel spoon to remove idli’s from the mould’s .
RECIPE for YOGURT RAITA:
1. Grind 1/4 th dry coconut with one or two Green chillies, small piece of ginger and little salt . Add this coconut mixture to One or two cups Yogurt . Mix well .
2.Add Seasoning with 1 tbsp. Oil and 1 tbsp. cumin seeds, Curry Leaves and 2 Broken chillies . Check for Salt and adjust accordingly .
3. Add Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves .
SERVE this YOGURT Raita with Idli .