Have trouble feeding Kids vegetables like Asparagus . Easy way to make a Picky eater eat their vegetables is by sneaking in Pasta sauce. It is rich and creamy without adding Cream and lots of cheese. Try this easy , simple and delicious Pasta recipe in 3 easy steps ( Cooking Pasta , Asparagus , white Sauce) . It is not loaded with Cheese ( Used less Cheese) and heavy Cream . But still it is rich and tasty .I used Orecchiette Pasta so it can hold vegetables and sauce in every bite . Added spice powder to the sauce so it is not Spicy for Kids but gives extra flavor and an Indian appeal for Pasta. I even shared how to Cook Pasta in Pressure cooker , so you don’t need to Check or stir and you will have a perfectly cooked Pasta . Adding Roma tomato at the end Peps up the flavor .Serve warm right from the Pan otherwise Sauce will thicken .
When choosing Asparagus choose bright green , fresh cut and not woody with tight and fully closed budding tips . Depending on its age the bottom part of the stalk would get woody or fibrous and need to be trimmed. You don’t need to steam Asparagus separately and take less time to cook . It will start sizzling and Browning as it hits the pan .
This is One meal your whole family will love and my new favorite way to make kids eat their Vegetables.
Recipe for 2 to 3 People .
1. Cooked Pasta – 1 Cup ( Cook 1/2 cup pasta in pressure cooker with 2 cups water , little salt for 3 whistles at medium high heat )
2. Asparagus – 1 1/2 Cup ( Chopped ) and Spinach – 3 handfuls ( chopped)
3. Roma Tomato – 1 ( Deseeded)
4. APF flour – 2 tbsp. or Wheat flour – 2 tbsp or Cashew and Almond powder – 2 tbsp
5. Milk – 1 glass ( 8 Ounces)
6. Water – One glass ( 4 Ounces)
7. Cheddar cheese – 1/4 th Cup
8. Rasam Powder – 1/2 tbsp. or Sambar powder or Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin powder – 1/2 tbsp
9. Oil – 1 tbsp. and Ghee – 1 tbsp.
10. Mixed herbs – 1 tbsp.
1. Pressure Cook pasta with 1 1/2 glass water, little Salt for 3 whistles on Medium flame . When Pressure comes down drain Pasta into a Colander . Discard the water .
2. Wash Asparagus and chop into bite size pieces . Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and cook Asparagus with lid covered on Medium Heat for 3 to 4 Minutes or Until soft. Transfer Asparagus to a Bowl .
3. Wash the Pan and add 1 tbsp. Oil and 1 tbsp. Ghee and add garlic. Cook for One minute . Add 2 tbsp. APF flour and cook stirring continuously for Couple of minutes. Slowly add warm milk and water ( Make sure there are no lumps) , stir continuously until sauce thickens lightly . It will take 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Season the sauce with Salt and Rasam Powder or Sambar Red chilli Powder , Coriander and cumin powder . Taste the sauce for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly . You can add Red pepper flakes too.
5. Switch off the stove and add Cooked Pasta , Asparagus, Cheddar cheese , Diced tomato and Mixed herbs .