Bottle Gourd or Lauki is easy to digest Vegetable because of high Water content ( 90 percent) . It is long and light green with thick skin which need to be peeled and spongy flesh inside that can be used in preparing Curry, Vegetable sambar , Chutney and with Yogurt . It has amazing Health Benefits. Supports Healthy digestion, helps in reducing high Blood pressure , prevents Premature greying and combats excessive thirst in Diabetic patients . Low in fat , Cholestrol and promotes weight loss. Bottle gourd is recommended by Ayurveda for balancing Liver function when the liver is inflamed and unable to process food efficiently for nutrition . Source : HM.
Khadi Pakora is an Indian Yogurt Curry prepared with Chickpea flour and Pakora ‘s ( deep fried ) . I used to prepare Khadi South Indian style by adding Coconut and Vegetables to Yogurt . This time I skipped adding Coconut mixture . Added Home made Curry Powder and Vegetables to Yogurt along with Chickpea flour and rice flour ( these both flours help in thickening) . To go along with khadi I prepared Vegetable Pakora( Check the recipe ) and served with Khadi . I pan fried the Pakora instead of deep frying. they are crispy , soft and melt in mouth .The whole recipe need 2 to 3 tbsp. Oil and Khadi is prepared with Bottle Gourd and other Vegetables . Pakora’s are prepared with Chickpea flour , Rice flour and Spices .You can even sprinkle Garam masala at the end for extra flavor and taste .
It is a Simple 2 step Cooking , Khadi and Pakora ( take less than 30 Minutes ) . Simple and delicious vegetable Yogurt curry with vegetable Pakora that you can enjoy for Lunch / Dinner. Serve with Phulka or Plain Paratha or Steamed rice.
Recipe for 3 to 4 People .
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 Minutes .
2. Rice flour
3. Curry Powder – 1 tbsp. ( Blend of Red chilli Powder, Coriander and Cumin Powder , Garlic and Coriander leaves with Stems )
4. Ajwain ( Carom seeds) – 1/2 tbsp.
6. Oil – for Panfrying Green Squash ( Lauki)
7. Water for mixing flours
8. Green squash ( Lauki) – 10 thick pieces
1. Mix Chickpea flour , Rice flour( together 1/2 cup) , Salt , Ajwain , Curry Powder with sufficient Water. The batter must be thick so it will coat the Vegetable .
2. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil in a wide Pan on Medium / Medium High Heat .
SERVE as a SIDE with KHADI .
1. Chickpea flour and Rice flour – 1 tbsp. each
2. Ajwain – 1/2 tbsp.
3. Curry Powder – 1 tbsp.
4. Yogurt – 1 Measuring Cup
5. Water – 1 1/2 Cup ( Measuring Cup) or accordingly 5. Oil – 1 tbsp.
6. Vegetables – Baby Carrots – 10 ( Cut length wise ) Potato – 1 , Green Squash – Half ( Peeled and diced)
7. Curry Leaves and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
8. Seasoning – Cumin and Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp. each , Broken Red chillies – 2
1. Mix Chickpea flour , Rice flour in One Measuring Cup Yogurt , little salt , Ajwain and 1 tbsp. Curry powder .
2. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and Splutter Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds , Broken Red Chillies , Curry Leaves .
3. Add Chopped Carrots , Potato and Green Squash( Diced) .
4. When Potato is half done add Curd( Yogurt) mixture and cook for 3 to 4 minutes .
5. Switch Off the stove. Check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly . Garnish with finely chopped Coriander Leaves .
NOTE : You can add chopped Green Chillies , Ginger at the end . So it won’t be Spicy for Kids.
SERVE Khadhi with Vegetable Pakora .