Recipe for 4 People .
Have you ever tried Chat with Carrots . Easy way to feed Carrots for Kids . Encourage kids to prepare their own Snack by explaining the health benefits of each ingredient. Let them Cook and experiment with different Ingredients , talk to them how foods keep them strong and healthy. Let them try new recipes over the weekend. Half Cup of Cooked Carrots will meet the daily requirement of Vitamin A that kids required for an entire day and good source of Iron. Not only promotes good eye sight and helps to form White Blood cells . The other day I was reading an article about how some diseases result in Low white Blood Cell count . White Blood cells account about 1 percent of your blood , but their impact is significant . They flow through your blood stream to battle Viruses , Bacteria and other foreign invaders that threaten your health . White Blood cells also called Leukocytes are essential for good health and protects us against various diseases. Can vegetables increase White Blood cells . Production relies on an adequate intake of Vitamin A , C and E and beta carotene which are nutrients found in vegetables . Vegetables high in Vitamin A are Carrots , Spinach , Peas , tomatoes and red bell peppers. Cooked Potatoes improve gastrointestinal Health , liver protection and Healing of skin burns. Lime not only adds taste and flavor but very well known to cure Scurvy caused because of deficiency of Vitamin C and Lime is full of this essential Vitamin. Source : Health Magazines
Do try this Simple and easy Chat recipe with Carrots, Yellow Peas and other Ingredients .
Preparation time : 15 Minutes and Cooking time : 15 Minutes
1. Baby Carrots – 25 to 30 ( Grind Coarsely in the Blender)
2. Onion – 1 ( Medium Chopped)
3. Cooked Yellow Peas – 1 Measuring Cup , Red Bell Peppers – 1/2 cup Chopped
4. Boiled Potato -2 ( Cubed)
5. Crushed Garlic – 4 Cloves
6. Green chillies – 2 to 3 ( Mild Spicy)
7. Ginger – 2 tbsp. ( Chopped)
8. Curry Powder – 1 tbsp. ( Blend of Red chilli Powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder , Garlic Cloves and Coriander Leaves with Stems)
9. Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
10 Oil – 2 tbsp.
11. Juice of Lime – 1/2
12 . To be mixed and Toppings : PUFFED RICE , Coriander Chutney , Date and Tamarind Chutney , Finely chopped Onions and Deseeded tomato , SEV .
1. Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and Saute Onions with little salt , Cumin seeds . Once Onions are Brown add Crushed Garlic and fry for Couple Minutes .
2. Add Coarsely grind Carrots . Mix well . Cover with lid and cook on Medium / Medium High flame .
3. Once Carrots are soft and Cooked add Cooked Yellow Peas, Chopped Red Bell Pepper ,Boiled and Cubed Potato , Curry Powder . Mix well .
4. Check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly.
5. Add 1/4 th Cup Coconut, squeeze Juice of Lime , Chopped Green Chillies , Chopped Ginger and finely chopped Coriander Leaves .
TO Half Cup of WARM CARROT SALAD add Puffed Rice ( 1 Cup or less) . Add Sweet and spicy Chutney . Top it off with Finely chopped Onions , Deseeded tomato , SEV and Chopped Coriander Leaves .