Vegetarian stuffed Bell peppers with 3 different fillings, is an easy and healthy meal prepared with the ingredients that we usually have in the Pantry. Bell Peppers are the only member of the Capsicum family that contain a recessive gene which stops them from producing Capsaicin . Capsaicin is the natural compound which creates the hotness we experience when eating Chillies . No Capsaicin means no heat and a flat Zero on pepper scale . This recipe is Prepared with less than 10 ingredients . One advantage of this recipe is prepare in advance and refrigerate . When you are ready Bake them or Pan fry them. You can add Quinoa , Cooked Brown rice and tomato Sauce or Sphagetti sauce for some moisture and extra flavor. I pan fried them . Once finish Cooking I let them sit on the stove for 10 Minutes before I served ,so they will be tender and not wrinkled . This recipe is inspired by different fillings we use for stuffing Vegetables. Serve it as an appetizer or as a side for Lunch/ Dinner. Or Serve as a Chat with Green chutney and Sweet Chutney filled along with Chat stuffing. Source : HM
Recipe for 6 Half Bell Peppers .
1. Bell peppers – 3 Note : For fast cooking cook the Bell peppers in Microwave for 4 minutes ( 1+1+1+1) . stop microwave for every minute .
2. FILLING 1 – Mix Cooked Quinoa with 1/2 Cup Cooked corn Kernels , 1/2 Cup Chopped Vegetables , finely Chopped Cilantro , Red chili Powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder or Rasam Powder or Pav bhaji Masala – 1/2 tbsp. , Juice of Half Lime or Mango Powder – 1/2 tbp, chopped Green Chillies , Grated Ginger . Mix well . Check for Salt and Spices before filling .
3. Filling 2 : Mix 1 cup Cooked Corn kernels , Cooked Brown rice , 1/2 Cup Grated Paneer ( Indian cottage cheese ) , Grated Carrots, Spices ( Red chilli Powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder ) , Finely Chopped Cilantro, Juice of Lime or Mango Powder, Chopped Green Chilies , Grated ginger . Garam masala .Mix well . Check for salt and Spices before filling .
4. Filling 3 : CHAT FILLING : Mix Boiled and cubed Potato( white or Sweet potato) with Puffed Rice , 1/2 Cup green Peas or Crushed peanuts , One Cup finely chopped Salad cucumber , Grated carrots, Finely Chopped Cilantro , Chaat Masala – 1/2 tbsp. , Juice of Lime or Mango Powder or grated mango, Roasted Cumin Powder – 1/2 tbsp. , Chopped Green chillies ,Green Chutney and Dates and tamarind Chutney and Sev.
Note : Cook the Bell peppers in Microwave for 4 minutes and pan fry and stuff the Chaat .
5. Oil – 2 tbsp. for Pan frying
- Cut Bell peppers into half . Remove seeds and membranes . Cut thin slice from the bottom so they stand up straight .
3. Heat a wide Pan with tbsp. of Oil . Stand Peppers upright . Close the lid and Cook on medium flame for 4 minutes on each side .
5. SERVE as a snack with Ketchup or Onion tomato Salad or as a side for Lunch / Dinner .