Pack these Vada’s for KIDS LUNCH BOX along with Salad Cucumber , Sliced tomato , Yogurt Cup and Fruit .
Recipe for 20 medium Vada’s .
Preparation time : 10 Minutes and Cooking time : 20 minutes .
Instant semolina Vada is a Good Lunch Box Option and Change for Kids Lunch Box . Perfect as an Appetizer or for any Unexpected guests. I have a big bag of semolina sitting in the refrigerator and 6 Pack Colored peppers, Big bag of Spinach . Thought I will prepare quick Snack for weekend Lunch with less work ( When we don’t have time for soaking and Grinding) . We love Vada for weekend Lunch with Kheer . Tried it and was liked by my Family and Unexpected guests . The Vada’s are fried perfectly with the combination of ingredients I used . They are Crispy from outside and soft inside .When you a bite you can taste all the Colored Peppers with Spinach . I didn’t add any Green Chillies or Ginger because I added good amount of Bell peppers. Shallow frying is the only option for this recipe . The batter must be thick as shown in the Picture . So it is easy to shape Vada’s . To get proper nutritional boost in your kids diet add colorful veggies like Bell Peppers and Spinach .
1. Mix the flours with Spices and Ajwain and store in a Box night before .
2 . Chop vegetables and refrigerate day before .
3. In the morning Mix the flours with water and keep aside for 20 minutes .
4. After 20 minutes mix with finely chopped vegetables . Check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly .
5. Don’t add any water . Cook on Medium/ Medium High flame .
It is easy to shallow fry 8 vada’s in One go and Pack for KIDS LUNCH BOX .
1. Semolina ( Sooji) – 1 Cup
2. Chickpea flour( Besan) – 3/4 th Cup
3. Rice flour – 1/4 th Cup ( Store Bought)
4. Color Bell Peppers ( Capsicum) – 1 Cup ( Finely Chopped) or Green chillies – chopped
5. Finely Chopped Onion – 1 Cup ( Measuring cup)
6. Finely Chopped Spinach – 3 Big Handfuls .
7. Sambar / Rasam / Curry powder – 1 tbsp.
8. Ajwain – 1/2 tbsp.
9. Water – 1 cup ( Measuring Cup)
10 . OIL – 1 Measuring Cup or little more for shallow frying.
1. Mix Semolina ( Sooji) , Chickpea flour ( Besan) , Rice flour , Rasam Powder , Ajwain . Salt with One Measuring Cup Water . Keep aside for 20 to 30 minutes . The Batter must be thick to shape Vada.
2. After 20 to 30 minutes add finely Chopped Bell Peppers, Chopped Onions , Finely Chopped Spinach ( Palak) . Mix well . Check for spices and Salt and adjust accordingly.
3. Heat Oil on Medium flame . Take a small portion of the batter and shape like a ball . Wet your fingers and place the ball on a Ziplock bag and shape like Vada. When the Oil is warm enough , slowly slide the Vada’s . Cook on Medium / Medium High flame .