Green Beans with Almonds , Walnuts and Sesame seeds is a quick 15 minute vegetable recipe if you do Preparation ahead of time like
1. Microwaving Green Beans ( Chop and refrigerate ) ,
2. Roast and Grind the Spice Powder and refrigerate ,
3. Chop Onions or grind Coarsely with Cumin seeds , Salt and Red chili Powder and refrigerate .
4. Cook the Potato ‘s in Microwave . Peel and Crumble the Potato’s and refrigerate .
Recipe for 3 to 4 People .
Preparation time : 15 minutes and Cooking time : 15 Minutes
1. Green Beans – 1 Packet or 5 Handfuls
2. Onion – 1 ( Grind Coarsely with Cumin seeds ) or Chop Onions .
3. Freshly Grated Garlic and Ginger – 1 tbsp.
4. Boiled and Crumbled Potato – 2
5. Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp.
6. Salt and Turmeric
7. Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp.
8. To grind : Dry roast 5 Almonds , 5 Walnuts and 2 tbsp. Sesame seeds , 1 tbsp. Cumin seeds , 1 tbsp. Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp. , red chilli – 1 . Cool the Spices and grind with 2 tbsp. Dry coconut , One Green Chilli and marble size tamarind. Skip tamarind if you want to squeeze Lime juice.
9. Rasam or Sambar Powder or Curry Powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp.
10 . Juice of Lime – 1/2 and Finely chopped Coriander leaves .
1. Microwave the Green Beans for 3 and 1/2 minutes or Cook directly on stove top . Cut 1/2 inch size .
2. Heat 2 tbps Oil and fry Coarsely grind Onions , Little Salt , Turmeric Powder and Curry Leaves .
3. Once Onions are Brown add Ginger and Garlic Paste and sauté for couple of minutes . Add Cooked Green Beans and fry till light Brown Uncovered . Cook on Medium High flame . Add One more tbsp. Oil and season with Salt .
4. Once green Beans are fried ( Not deep fried) , Switch off the stove and add Boiled and Crumbled Potato , Sesame seeds , Almonds and Walnuts Spice Powder and Curry Powder.
5. Mix gently . Squeeze Juice of Lime . Check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly . Garnish with finely chopped coriander Leaves .
SERVE with STEAMED RICE or with Phulka or Plain Paratha .