Recipe for 8 Kachori’s . Preparation time : 20 minutes and Cooking time : 10 Minutes
Recipe for Steamed Dessert – 4 Cups Preparation time : 10 Minutes and Steaming time : 15 Minutes on High Heat .
Place a big ball of filling inside each Kachori ( Between two Bread slices and Seal the Edges ) , so kids will eat enough Vegetable if they eat 2 Kachori’s . Kachori’s are actually Deep fried , but I felt there is no need to Deep fry . Tastes good without Deep frying. The filling is very tasty prepared with minimum ingredients . Dried yellow Peas and Curry Powder will suppress the Sweet taste of SWEET POTATO and Kids never notice there is Sweet Potato in the filling. These Bread Kachori and Steamed Dessert are Perfect for WEEKEND LUNCH . This is first time I tried Steamed Dessert prepared with 5 Ingredients . Just Blend altogether( takes only 5 minutes) and add Some Chopped Nuts and raisins . Pour in the Steel Cups and Steam for 15 minutes on High Heat . Don’t forget to grease the Steel Cups with Little Ghee . You will love the combination of Ingredients I used for Steamed Dessert with nice aroma from Ghee and Cardamom . TOP the dessert with little Ghee and Cardamom for extra flavor and it is Healthy and inviting Dessert and for Quick morning Breakfast.
Steamed Breakfast with 5 Ingredients.
1. Bread Slices – 16
2. Dried Yellow Peas – 1/2 Cup
3. Sweet Potato – 1 Big
4. Onion – 1/2 Cup Chopped and Bell Peppers – 1/2 Cup Chopped
5. Ginger and Garlic – 1 tbsp. ( Grated)
6. Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp.
7. Oil – 3 tbsp.
8 . Salt and Turemeric – 1/4 th tbsp.
9. Curry Powder – 1 tbsp.
10 . Finely Chopped Coriander leaves – Big Handful and Mint Leaves – 20 Chopped
1. Soak Yellow Peas overnight . Pressure Cook with little water , Salt and Sweet Potato When Pressure Comes down , transfer Yellow Peas to a Bowl and Mash with Potato Masher ( not too fine paste) . Peel the skin of Sweet Potato , mash it .
2. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and sauté Onions and Bell peppers with little Salt , turmeric and Cumin seeds . Once Onions are Brown add Ginger , Garlic Paste . Fry for Couple of Minutes .
3. Add Cooked Yellow Peas, Mashed Sweet Potato, Curry Powder . Mix well . Add One more tbsp. Oil . Cook for Couple of minutes . Switch off the stove and add Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves and Mint leaves . Check for salt and Spices and adjust accordingly .
4. Cool the filling. Divide into 8 equal Portions . With the help of a Coffee Lid Cut BREAD SLICES into Round circles .
Recipe for 4 Cups . Preparation time : 5 Minutes and Steaming time : 15 minutes on High Heat . Place the Plate in Pressure Cooker and Pour 2 Cups water and keep the Cups directly on the Plate . Steam like Idli .
1. Almonds and Cashews – Handful each
2. Milk ( 2 Percent Milk) – 12 Ounces ( 1 and 1/2 glass)
3. Jaggery ( Brown Sugar) – 1/2 Cup ( Measuring Cup ) or accordingly
4. Organic Quick Oats – 1/2 Cup
5. Cardamom – 3
6. Ghee – 1 tbsp.
7. Chopped Nuts and Raisins
1. To a Blender add Cashews , Almonds , Cardamom , Jaggery( Brown sugar), Oats and Milk . Blend altogether . Taste for the Sweetness and add accordingly. Add chopped Nuts( Cashews , Almonds and Pistachios ) and Raisins .
2. Grease the Cups with GHEE . Pour in the Cups ( 3/4 th of the Cup)
3. Fill the Pressure cooker with 2 Measuring Cups Water or till the top level of the Plate .
4. Place the Cups on the Plate . Cover with lid and Steam for 15 minutes on High Heat without Pressure . When the Pressure comes down remove the cups and top it with little GHEE and CARDAMOM POWDER .
5. Serve warm or if you refrigerate warm for 1 and 1/2 or 2 Minutes in Microwave . ( Place the steel cup in a microwave SAFE bowl and warm . Stop the microwave for every 30 minutes ) or SERVE WARM.