Recipe for 50 Pakora’s .
As I was planning to prepare Vermiceeli moong dal Pakora, I soaked Whole Green moong dal for 3 hours and prepared sprouts ( Wash and drain out all water and place a Paper towel in a Sauce Pan and pour Moong dal into the Paper towel and warp it . Cover with lid and leave in the Oven overnight . Your sprouts are ready by next day morning). These Pakora’s are very very Crispy when served warm . Left overs can be refrigerated and still taste good for next day . Pack your Kids Lunch Box for a change and you will be surprised to see their empty Lunch Box. You can fry them like Pakora or Shape like small Vada’s with 1/2 inch thickness for Crispiness . One Measuring Cup Oil is sufficient to fry Vada’s . The recipe look simple with every day Ingredients but they are crispy because of Vermicelli and balancing taste from Lentils , Onions and adds little Spice ( Green chillies , Ginger ) ; bright green color from Coriander . They are not filling and you can eat as many as 10. Try and share your feedback.
Here is the recipe :
Note : 1. If you don’t have time to prepare sprouts , Soak Green Moong Dal with Yellow Moong dal overnight and Soak Roasted Vermicelli for 10 to 15 Minutes in warm water . Don’t skip Green Moong dal , it adds fluffiness and sweetness to Vada /Pakora without adding Baking Soda.
2. Grind the Dal’s night before , Chop vegetables and refrigerate . It will be easy to Prepare Kids Lunch Box next day morning or Weekend Lunch.
1. Yellow Moong Dal – 1 measuring Cup
2. Roasted whole wheat vermicelli – 1 cup
3. Whole Green Moong – 1 Cup or 1/2 Cup raw
- 4. Onion – 1 Big Chopped
5. Coriander – One Bunch chopped
6. Gren chillies – 3 ( Mild spicy )
7. Ginger – Small piece
9. Ajwain – 1/2 to 1 tbsp.
10 . Oil – One measuring cup or more
METHOD:1.Soak Yellow Moong dal and Vermicelli in separate Bowls for One Hour or Green Moong dal and Yellow Moong Dal Overnight and Roasted Vermicelli for 15 Minutes .After One hour wash Moong Dal 3 to 4 times and grind with Spouted Whole Green moong Dal, Green chillies and Ginger ( Or else add Chopped Green Chillies and Ginger) with Salt and No water ( or few table spoons water if you are not able Blend ) . Transfer to a Bowl.
2. Wash Vermicelli 3 to 4 times . Squeeze out all water and transfer to Moong dal Bowl. Add salt , Ajwain , Finely chopped Onions and Coriander Leaves with stems. . Mix well . 3. Check for Salt and Spices and add accordingly .
4. Heat One Measuring cup or little more Oil for shallow frying on Medium/ Medium High heat . When the Oil is warm enough take a small portion of the batter and drop in the Oil ( You can shape like vada too little small and Half inch thick ) .
5. Brown on both sides and transfer to a plate lined with Paper towel to absorb excess Oil . ( They didn’t absorb much Oil )