Recipe for 20 Medium Ladoo’s . Time to Prepare : 30 Minutes
Sesame Ladoo is an Indian Dessert prepared by roasting Seeds and combining with sweet syrup . I prepared these Ladoo’s with Sesame seeds , Couple of Nuts and Jaggery ( Brown Sugar) . My recipe doesn’t need any Cooking except roasting seeds and nuts. Roast on a Medium heat . No need to Peel the skin of peanuts ( studies show that roasted peanut skin has higher level of antioxidants than green tea and for positive health benefits) . Roasting nuts and seeds decrease moisture content , enhance flavor and improves shelf life . Just roast the seeds, nuts , grind and mix with jaggery and Ghee. Ghee is rich in fatty acids which are absorbed directly by the liver and burned as an energy . Ghee helps in strong appetite , stimulates the secretion of gastric acid , thus aiding in digestive process . Better digestion equals better health . Cardamom is a vanilla Bean in Indian desserts . Adds flavor and nice aroma for desserts. It is used as a Breath freshner and tooth cleaner . Sesame seeds are nutty in taste and comes in different colors . Good source of Calcium and has the ability to prevent diabetes and managing the symptoms , increase heart health and inflammation . Good source of copper which helps in reducing some of the pain and swelling of rheumatoid arthritis. Eat in moderation , excessive consumption can cause irritation in stomach . Source : Health Magazines .
Here is a simple , easy ( Melt in mouth Ladoo’s) recipe for After school snack or to serve as a Dessert .
1. Sesame seeds – 3/4 th cup
2. Cashews – 1/4 th cup
3. Peanuts – One Measuring Cup
4. Jaggery ( Brown Sugar) – 1 Measuring Cup
5. Cardamom – 3
6. Ghee – 2 to 3 tbsp
7. Dry coconut – 1/2 cup
8. Raisins – 2 Handfuls
9. Broken Nuts – 1/4 th cup ( Optional)
1. Dry roast Sesame seeds . Once light brown , transfer to a plate and Cool them.
2. Once cooled grind with Dry coconut and Cardamom and transfer to a Bowl.
3. Grind Peanuts ( No need to remove skin) and transfer to Sesame seeds bowl.
4. Add Powdered Jaggery, Raisins , Broken Nuts and 2 tbsp Melted ghee . Mix well . Microwave for 45 seconds .
5. When the mixture is light warm , take a handful of the Mixture and shape Ladoo’s . Grease your hands with little Ghee and reshape them for perfect round shape . Repeat the Process .