Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable that we can cook in different ways . If you like to eat big florets of Cauliflower with phulka or plain paratha , then this is the right recipe you want to try . Cauliflower cooked in Creamy vegetable sauce with 3 different spice powders which not only adds loads of flavor but taste delicious . This will definitely will become your family’s favorite and fits right into your Weeknight dinner recipes.Tomatoes and Carrots add nice red color and Spices( Almond Walnuts spice powder , Home made Curry Powder and Phav Bhaji Masala powder) makes a big difference in this dish . Cauliflower will Soak up all the spices and tastes amazing. Because of starch content many believe potatoes should be cut off from diet. But Potatoes are Low in Calories and fat, high in fiber and nutrients. Good source of Potassium , even more potassium than Banana. Potassium is a mineral that helps lower blood pressure . If you are watching Calories this is the right recipe as I have used less Oil and doesn’t need much Oil as Cauliflower is cooked in the Sauce.
Recipe for 4 People .
Preparation time : 15 minutes and Cooking time : 15 minutes
2. Onion – 1 ( Grind Coarsely or Chopped)
3. Cooked and Mashed Potato – 2 Medium or 5 Small
4.Tomatoes – 2 ( Chopped ) ,Grated Baby Carrots – 10 and 3 tbsp CURD( YOGURT)
5 . Water – 6 Ounces ( 3/4 th glass)
6. Grated Ginger and Garlic – 1 tbsp each
7. Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
8. Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
9. Oil – 1 tbsp
10. Finely chopped Coriander and Mint Leaves
11 . 3 Spice powders –
1. Almond and Walnuts spice powder : Dry roast Almonds and walnuts – 10 , Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp , Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp , Fenu greek seeds – 5 , Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp , Red chillies – 2 . Cool and grind into a fine Powder .
2. Curry Powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp ( Blend of red chilli powder, Coriander and Cumin Powder, Garlic and fresh Coriander)
3. Pav Bhaji Masala – 1/2 tbsp
1. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and splutter Cumin seeds . Once Cumin seeds are brown add Coarsely grinded Onions or chopped Onions . Season with Salt and turmeric . Once Onions are brown add Grated Ginger and Garlic . fry for couple of minutes .
2. Then add finely chopped Tomatoes , Grated CARROTS ,Almond and Walnut spice powder, Curry Powder and Pav Bhaji Masala . Cook until tomatoes are soft .
3. Once tomatoes are cooked add 6 ounces water( one glass water) , Boiled and Mashed Potato and 3 tbsp Curd ( YOGURT). Mix well . Check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly .
5. After 4 minutes , flip the florets gently and cook for 3 to 4 minutes covered. After 4 minutes check with a knife whether the florets are cooked . Switch off the stove and add finely chopped Coriander and Mint leaves.