Recipe for 6 to 8 Medium Dosa ‘s / Pancakes .
Preparation time : 15 minutes and Cooking time for One Dosa or 3 Pancakes : 5 minutes
Do you like the idea of planning your Breakfast nigh before and spend only 5 minutes to prepare Breakfast in the morning .This recipe comes in handy when you don’t have time to Soak and grind.Today I’m sharing a quick Breakfast recipe prepared with Sweet Potato . Sweet Potatoes are available year round in many Countries. One medium spud has 400 percent of your daily needs of Vitamin A as well as loads of fiber , Potassium and provide School age children with size able amounts of their daily Vitamins. Correcting Vitamin A deficiency with foods higher in Beta carotene will restore Vision .
Sweet Potato Dosa / Pancakes ( Spicy Dosa or Pancakes as I have added spices to the Batter) is an Instant Breakfast recipe prepared with 5 Ingredients when we don’t have time for Soaking and Grinding Lentils and Rice . Being a South Indian we eat Idli , Dosa or Uttapam for Breakfast. Sometimes I use some flours to prepare Dosa . That’s how I got the idea of this Sweet Potato Onion Dosa. After leaving Overnight in the refrigerator, I prepared for Next day morning Breakfast; the Leftover Batter we ate for Dinner along with Salad after 1 1/2 Day . The mixed Batter stays good for 3 days. You need 10 minutes of Preparation time ( Night Before) if you have Mashed sweet potato and 5 Minutes to Cook 3 Pancakes or One Medium Dosa.
What does the Dosa / Pancake taste like? You have to try it! Your family will never notice there is Sweet Potato inside . Grinding Onions coarsely adds nice flavor and taste . There is no need of any Chutney as I have added Spices . You can serve with Cucumber raita ( Just add grated Cucumber, Grated onion and chopped Tomato to Yogurt and Season it with Salt . You can add some seasoning by adding Cumin seeds to 1 tbsp warm oil ) . Sweet Potato Dosa/ Pancake with Vegetable Curd is right Breakfast to start your day!
2. Rice flour – 1/2 cup
3. Sweet Potato – Medium ( Cooked and Mashed)
4. Onion – 1 ( Medium , Grind coarsely with 1 tbsp Cumin seeds)
5. Salt – accordingly
6. Curry Powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp ( Blend of red chilli Powder, Coriander and Cumin Powder , Garlic cloves and Coriander Leaves with stems)
7. Oil – 2 tbsp
8. Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
9. Water – 1 1/2 cup water
1. Mix Urad flour, Rice flour, Coarsely grinded Onions with Cumin seeds , Mashed Sweet Potato, Salt , Curry Powder, Water and finely chopped Coriander Leaves .
2. Mix well and check for salt and Spices and adjust accordingly.
3. Leave overnight in the refrigerator.