Bhindi Do Pyaaz is a Simple and tasty recipe prepared with Okra , twice the amount of Onions and Spices. My recipe is interesting with a twist and makes a complete meal without having Dal fry as a side and great accompainment with Phulka or Plain Paratha ( Indian Bread) and Vegetable Raita ( Vegetables with Yogurt) . Vadi’s are made by Soaking dal, grinding with Spices like Green Chilli , Ginger etc and Sundried . These Vadi’s can be used Year long in Curries, Stir fry vegetables , Gravy recipes or as a side for Lunch / Dinner. Stays good for a long time if stored in an air container . You can use Home made or Store bought Vadi . I used Black eyed Bean Vadi. You are going to like the Crunchy bite of Vada along with Bhindi .
Okra ( Bhindi ) also known as Lady’s Finger is one of the popular nutritious Vegetables which is grown and Consumed in almost every part of the world . Pick medium ,green and tender Okra ( Bhindi) . Low in Calories and high in fiber which helps stabilize Blood sugar and delays Sugar absorption from the intestines and great addition if you want to loose weight. Vitamin A and Beta Carotene found in Okra are essential nutrients for good eyesight . Source : Health Magazines .
Bhindi (Okra) has a texture problem and get slimy . Check my recipe how to Cook perfect Okra( Bhindi) with less Oil and not getting Slimy . Grind Onions Coarsely not only taste good , but adds lot of flavor along with Spices ( Home made Curry Powder)that i have added .
Recipe for 4 People .
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 Minutes .
2. Onions – 2 ( Grind Coarsely with 1 tbsp Cumin seeds)
3. Vadi – 3/4 th Cup ( Fry in 2 tbsp Oil)
4. Oil – 4 tbsp
5. Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
6. Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
7. Red chilli Powder, Coriander , Cumin Powder , Mango Powder (Amchur) , Dried Fenugreek Leaves. Or Home made Curry Powder with Dried Fenugreek leaves .
8. Grated Ginger and Garlic – 1/2 tbsp each
9. Finely chopped Coriander leaves .
10. Juice of Lime – Half ( Optional)
1. Wash bhindi( Okra ) and cut into 2 inch pieces . Grind Onion Coarsely with 1 tbsp Cumin seeds . Fry Vadi in 2 tbsp Oil .
2. Heat 2 tbsp Oil and fry Bhindi . Don’t season with salt . Cover and cook for 4 minutes on Medium High . After 4 minutes ( Okra will be soft) Keep lid Half Open or Uncover and fry Bhindi until light Brown .
4. In the same Pan fry Coarsely grind Onions with turmeric until Light Brown . Add ginger , garlic Paste and fry for Couple of minutes.
SERVE with Phulka or Plain Paratha ( Indian Bread) , Papad , Pickle and raita ( Yogurt with Vegetables)