Dinner at Five .Encourage Older Kids to watch while you are cooking Simple meals. This not only provides Confidence but help to learn basics and educates them on nutrition.It is a great learning Opportunity for Kids. I started a new Category in my Blog (Dinner at Five.) Sometimes I prepare different Dinner than regular Roti and Curry to create interest in Kids about Dinner. I do some Preparation day before to make work easier the next day. Cooking Noodles and season them with Salt and Spices and refrigerate . I didn’t add any Sauces because my Kids are not Big fan of Sauce in the Noodles . It was a change with just Vegetables , Noodles and Freshly ground Spices. Prepare Salad ahead of time when ever you are free and refrigerate . Simple salad with few easy available ingredients from your Pantry . Season with Salt and Spices before you serve. To bring the Salad to room temperature keep on the Kitchen Counter 2 hours before you serve. Finished the Dinner with Simple Dessert – Cheese and Fruits . I hope your Kids will like this Combination of Dinner. Share your feedback by Commenting.
Recipe for 3 to 4 People . Pepper Noodles , Kid friendly Salad and Cheese with fruits .
1. Noodles of your Choice – 2 Packets
2. Finely chopped Cabbage , Green Beans , Carrots , Green Pepper – 3 Measuring Cups
4. Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp 5. Freshly ground Black Pepper, Italian Seasoning and Masala Powder
1. Cook Noodles of your Choices . Drain all water and transfer to a Bowl . Season Noodles with little salt , Freshly ground Black Pepper, Italian seasoning , Masala Powder that comes with the Noodles and 1 tbsp oil . Keep this aside and Chop the Vegetables .
2. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and Saute finely Chopped Cabbage , Bell Peppers , Green Beans , carrots without lid .
3. Once Vegetables are Soft , Season the Vegetables with Salt and Noodles Masala Powder .Add Seasoned Noodles , One more tbsp oil , Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves . Mix gently .
4. Check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly .
1. Soak Half Cup Moong dal for Half Hour . Wash 3 to 4 times and drain out all Water. Transfer to a Bowl .
2. To this Moong Dal add finely chopped salad Cucumber , chopped Grapes ,1/4 th Cup of dry or fresh coconut , Chopped Mild Green Chillies , Chopped Ginger and finely Chopped Coriander Leaves .
3. Season with Salt and Freshly ground Black pepper before you serve.