Spinach Paneer Bread rolls ( Pan fried ) – Kids Lunch Box ( Holiday Lunch) with Potato Crisps , Cucumber slices and Dessert . Spinach pan fried Bread rolls is a Simple and easy recipe you can prepare for Kids Lunch Box or for Weekend Lunch or during Holiday Breaks. One place where I like to try new recipes and spend less time is Kitchen. As kids are having Holiday Break , I don’t want to cook Lunch from scratch . Prepared the filling night before and batter for Outer covering and refrigerated. So I too can enjoy Lunch with Kids. I like cooking 2 recipes at the same time in the same pan ,less pans to clean. When it comes to Holiday Lunch I love cooking Short cut meals which are less stressful and can be finished in a snap and will be loved by kids.
COOKING TIPS :
1. Prepare the filling night before and refrigerate .
2. Mix flours with Spices and enough water . Refrigerate.
Recipe for PAN FRIED Spinach Paneer Bread rolls : For 6 Bread rolls .
1. Chickpea flour and rice flour – 1 measuring Cup 2. Curry Powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp 3. Salt 4 . Ajwain ( Carom seeds) – 1/4 th tbsp
1. OUTER COVERING : Prepare a batter with Chickpea flour , Rice flour , Red chilli Powder , Roasted Cumin and Coriander Powder, Salt , Ajwain with enough Water.
2. The batter must be thick enough to Coat the Bread rolls .
3. PREPARATION OF FILLING :
1. Onion – 1 medium ( Chopped ) 2. Ginger and Garlic – 1 tbsp ( Grated) 3. Spinach – 3 Handfuls ( Chopped) 4. Panner – 1/2 cup ( Crumbled) 5. Italian seasoning – 1 tbsp 6. Sambar powder – 1/2 tbsp 7. Salt
Heat a tbsp Oil and saute Onions Cumin seeds . When Onions are Brown add Grated ginger and garlic . Fry for Couple of Minutes .
4. Add finely chopped Spinach and fry uncovered till it is wilted .Don’t season with salt.
5. Once Spinach is cooked add crumbled Paneer , Salt ,Italian seasoning and Sambar Powder. Check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly .Cool the filling .
1. Remove the crust of Bread . Sprinkle water and place between your Palms and press for stretching.
2. Heat a Pan with tbsp Oil .
3. Divide the Spinach Paneer filling into 6 equal Portions .
4. Place the filing on Bread slice and roll slowly . Seal all the edges and dip in Chickpea flour batter and Place in the warm Pan and Pan fry on four sides.
5. You can Pan fry thinly sliced Potato dipped in Chickpea flour batter along with Bread rolls Uncovered. Drizzle Oil when you flip Bread rolls and Potatoes .
SERVE the Bread Rolls with Ketchup , Crispy Potato , Cucumber Slices and Dessert .