Cauliflower Patties – Five Ingredients recipe.If you are bored of eating your regular Breakfast and want a change , then try this Light and filling Cauiflower Patties for Breakast / Kids Lunch Box . Served with Sweet and Tangy chutney . It is always challenging to feed Vegetables for Kids. My kids eat cauliflower into two ways without Complaining for Dinner . Pan fried and Big florets cooked in Creamy vegetable sauce. I want to pack for Lunch Box and should not be smelly when they Open their Lunch Box. Tried these Patties over weekend with five Ingredients and they turned out delicious . Crispy and tasty . . Added good amount of Cauliflower . Combination of Cauliflower with Cooked Yellow Peas , flours and spices( Homemade Curry powder) are perfect combination .They didn’t noticed the vegetable . They are perfectly Cooked in less 10 Minutes and preparation time is also less than 10 minutes for 8 Patties. Perfect to pack for 2 Kids Lunch Box in the morning rush hour. Yellow peas are good source of fiber . Because of the fiber content they have a Cholesterol lowering effect with 10 grams of Protein in half cup Cooked peas . Try this Instant recipe . Mix everything and prepare patties. No need to rest the dough . You will like this simple, easy and flavorful Patties prepared with an inexpensive vegetable Cauliflower which is avialble year round and loaded with Vitamins. Don’t forget to add Curry Powder and finely chopped Coriander leaves , adds nice flavor and taste for Patties.They taste good on their own . But you can serve with Sweet and Tangy Onion Nuts chutney . Perfect combination.
Recipe for 15 Medium Patties .
Preparation time : 15 minutes and Cooking time : 15 minutes .
1. Oats – One Measuring Cup
2. Rice flour – 1/2 cup ( store bought)
3. Cooked Yellow Peas – One measuring cup ( Partially mashed )
4. Finely chopped Cauliflower florets – 2 measuring cups
5. Curry Powder – 1 tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli powder, Coriander and Cumin Powder , Garlic cloves and Coriander with stems) Key Ingredient
6. Oil – 2 tbsp for Pan frying
7. Water – accordingly
8. Finely chopped Coriander leaves
1. Mix Oats, rice flour , finely chopped Cauliflower , Curry Powder , Mashed and Cooked Yellow Peas , salt by adding enough Water. The dough should look like as shown in the Picture . You must be able to shape them into Patties .
2 Check for Salt and spices and add accordingly .
3.Divide the dough into 15 equal Portions . Grease a Ziplock bag with little Oil.
4 Place the dough ball on a Zip lock and shape them like Patties with wet fingers.
1. Onion – One big ( chopped)
3 . Jaggery – Small piece
4. Spices to roast and grind : Almonds and Cashews – 20 , Cumin and Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp each , Red chillies – 2 to 3 , Fenu greek and Mustard seeds – 1/4 th tbsp.
5. Salt and turmeric
6. Oil – 2 tbsp
7. Seasoning : Urad dal , Mustard seeds and Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp each , Hing – Pinch and Broken red chillies – 4
1. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and Cook Chopped Onions with Salt and turmeric , Cumin seeds .
2. Once Onions are light Brown , switch off the stove and add tamarind and Jaggery . Mix well before grinding Coarsely .
3 . Dry roast spices mentioned under Spices to roast and grind. Cool before grinding.
4. Grind roasted spices and then add cooked Onion and grind Coarsely . Transfer to a Bowl .
5. Heat Oil and splutter mustard seeds followed Urad dal , Cumin seeds , Hing and Broken red chillies . Add finely chopped coriander leaves . Check for salt and spices and adjust accordingly .