Stuffed Tindora with Spicy Onion Masala paste . Check my recipe how to Cook Tindora in less time and with minimum Oil . I grew up eating this Vegetable . Never feel bored to Cook , eat and try new recipes with this Vegetable . Even my kids love eating this Vegetable with steamed rice and Papad .Tindora also known as Ivygourd /Tondli/Kundru is a green vegetable popular in many parts of India. It can prepared as a Curry , stirfry vegetable or Stuffed .It cleans our blood because it has detoxification capabality and rich in beta carotene . It has nutrients which keeps your eyes, Heart , liver and Kidneys healthy. This vegetable is strongly suggested to Diabetic patients because it has ability to minimize blood sugar levels. As they age they turn to red color inside and not good to eat. Select medium thin Tindora . Today I’m sharing a Stuffed recipe with Tindora stuffed with Peanut Onion masala . You can cut Tindora ahead of time, Prepare the Spice powder and leave on Kitchen Counter , Chop Onions and refrigerate for easy and fast cooking. I shared how to cook Tindora in less time and minimum Oil . It is a Simple and tasty recipe loved by every one in the family. Serve with Steamed rice or Phulka with Rasam , Papad and Raita.
Recipe for 4 People .
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 minutes .
- Tindora – 50
2. Onion – one Big ( Grind Coarsely with 1 tbsp Cumin seeds and without Salt )
3. Crushed Ginger and Garlic – 1 tbsp
4. Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
5. Oil – 3 to 4 tbsp
6. Curry Powder – 1 /2 to 1 tbsp ( Blend of red chilli Powder, Coriander and Cumin Powder , Garlic and Coriander leaves with stems )
7. Curry leaves and Finely chopped Coriander leaves
8. Seasoning ( tadka ) – Channa dal – Handful , Cumin and Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp each and Broken Red chillies – 4 , Hing – Pinch
9. Water – just sprinkle
10 . Spices to roast and Grind : Peanuts – 20 , Sesame seeds – 2 tbsp , Channa dal – Handful , Cumin and Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp each , Fenugreek seeds and Mustard seeds – 1/4 th tbsp each . Cool the Spices and grind with 2 tbsp dry coconut, 1 tbsp red chilli Powder and Tamarind .
1. Wash Tindora . Cut the top and Bottom and make a slit in the middle.
2. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and add whole tindora to the warm Pan. Season with salt. Sprinkle some water and wash the lid with Water. This will help Tindora to cook fast .
3. Close lid and Cook on medium high flame . Stir in between to avoid burning. After 5 to 7 Minutes check with Knife . Once tindora is soft add One more tbsp Oil and fry till light Brown uncovered . Transfer to A Bowl .
4. In the same Pan heat Oil and Saute Coarsely grind Onions without salt . Sprinkle some Turmeric . Once Onions are Brown season with Salt and add Crushed Ginger and Garlic. Fry for Couple of Minutes. Switch off the stove and add Spice Powder. Check for salt and spices and adjust accordingly .
5. Cool the mixture before stuffing into Tindora. Once the Masala is cooled , stuff Tindora with Masala .
6. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and add Channa dal , Cumin seeds, Mustard seeds, Red chillies , Hing , Curry Leaves, whole green chillies and Crushed Garlic ( 6 Cloves) . Add stuffed tindora and the rest of the Masala and Curry Powder . Stir gently . Garnish with finely chopped Coriander Leaves.