Today I’m sharing a recipe for those who want to avoid Carbs for Lunch / Dinner like Rice and Phulka or Paratha. The ingredients and Procedure looks simple. But once who have for your Lunch / Dinner i guarantee who won’t Crave for Carbs . That is the speciality of this Dish . It takes less than 10 minutes to Cook . Sounds good right . Dinner / Lunch in less than 10 minutes.
Alternatively you can try the same recipe If your Kids doesn’t like to eat Yogurt , then try in the form of Curry . I guarntee they definitely going like this Combination of Yogurt with Vegetables and Nuts Spice Powder. Cook this one before you serve . Doesn’t taste good if you cook and refrigerate. Alternatively you can Cut Vegetables ( Bottle gourd and Tomato ) , Mix Spice powder and Curry Powder in Yogurt along with Water, Grind Coconut Mixture. Refrigerate all three in separate Boxes . Bring to Boil before you serve for Lunch / Dinner . Tomatoes are delicious, Sweet and juicy . One cup of red ripe tomato is a good source of Vitamin A,C,K, folate and Potassium . Good source of Chromium which helps regulate blood sugar. It strengthens immune system in kids , remedy for acidosis and reduces the chance of leadtoxicity in children. The stronger the immune system , the lesser the kids will fall sick. It makes skin look great and lycopene in tomatoes protect skin from uv light damage( leads to wrinkles and fine lines) . When selecting tomatoes select firm and with no spots. Source : Health magazines.
You can pack for Kids Lunch Box too as it taste good at room temperature along with Vegetable Jowar roti . I shared the recipe for Jowar roti too. you can balance the sourness of Yogurt by adding tomato at the end , so they will hold their shape and won’t get mushy. You can taste whole tomato when you scoop with your Phulka or Jowar roti . Yogurt is very versatile and can be used in anything. Adding vegetables will boost the fiber intake and promotes healthy digestion and boosts your daily nutrient intake. Adding nuts spice powder to yogurt helps in not curdling and have many nutrients and strengthen your body. Coriander and Cumin blend easily with any dish , giving your dish a flavor and affect the overall taste by adding smoky flavor. Try this easy, simple and delicious recipe which can prepared and cooked in very less time.
Recipe for 2 to 3 People .
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 Minutes .
1. Roma tomatoes – 6 (Cut into Half each Tomato)
2. Bottle Gourd – 1 Big one ( Peeled and Cubed into Big Pieces )
3. Yogurt( Curd) – One measuring Cup
4. Water – One measuring Cup
5. Oil – 1 or 2 tbsp
7. Curry powder – 1 tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli Powder , coriander and cumin Powder , Garlic and Coriander leaves with stems)
8. Spices to roast and Grind – Handful of Almonds and Pistachio’s , Cumin seeds and Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp each , Red chillies – 1 or 2 . Cool the Nuts and Spices and grind into fine Powder .
9. Coconut Mixture – Grind 1/4 th cup Coconut with One or two Green Chillies .
10 . Seasoning ( tadka) – Mustard seeds and Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp each , Broken Red chillies -2 11. Curry Leaves and Finely chopped Coriander Leaves .
1. Heat 2 tbsp Oil and Splutter mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Broken Red chillies and Curry Leaves. Add cubed Bottle Gourd pieces . Season with Salt and Turmeric. Mix well . Cover and Cook on Medium High flame. Stir in between to avoid Burning. ( You can sprinkle some water for fast Cooking )
2. Mix Almond Pistachio Spice Powder, Curry Powder into Yogurt without Lumps . Add One measuring Cup water and Finely Chopped coriander leaves .
3. When Bottle gourd is Half cooked add Yogurt mixture and DICED TOMATOES . Bring to Boil . Stir in between .
4. Once it comes to boil ( It will takes 5 minutes ) , Switch off the stove and add Coconut Mixture and Finely chopped Coriander Leaves .
5. Serve with Vegetable Jowar Roti .
1. Mix 1/2 Cup Jowar flour with 1/4 th Cup Chickpea flour , 1/4 th cup Rice flour or wheat flour , Grated Zucchini , half Cup Chopped Onion , Salt , Ajwain – 1/4 th tbsp and Curry Powder – 1 tbsp . If needed add Water .
2. Divide the Dough into 9 equal Portions .
3. Grease a Ziplock Bag with little Oil and Place the dough and cover with Ziplock bag and Press with a round bowl for perfect shape or You can place the dough directly on the Pan ( Not too warm Pan ) and press with fingures .
4. Drizzle Oil on the edges .
5. Fry on both sides till Golden Brown .