Surprise in a Bowl – Homemade Protein Noodles and Puran Poli for Dessert . Kids want to eat Noodles and Mama surprised them with Home made Noodles . When I looked into Pantry the Noodles bottle is empty . So thinking how I can substitute Noodles with something Home made . Opened my refrigerator to grab Vegetables and I saw the box full of batter. I grind the batter for Whole week for quick Breakfast or sometimes for Lazy Dinner topped with vegetables . After finished Cooking I tasted before serving for kids. Believe me it tasted Sooo good.Fresh vegetables with Crispy Noodles and nice aroma from Spices and Herbs. Immediately I prepared myself one more bowl and enjoyed along with Kids.My kids screamed “MORE!” So next time when your Kids demand for Noodles serve them this Protein rich Noodles along with Vegetables and roasted Peppers. Adds smoky flavor along with Mixed Italian herbs . Key ingredients .
Recipe for 2 People . Preparation and Cooking time : Less than 20 Minutes .
Keep in the fridge overnight for Crispy Dosa’s if you don’t want to ferment. Fermented foods are predigested by Bacteria and hence easier to digest . Also Lactic acid and enzymes formed during the fermentation process aid digestion specially protein digestion . Lactic acid formed during fermentation not only preserves the food but promotes the growth of Healthy intestinal flora.
1.Soak 1 measuring Cup Brown Basamati rice or 1/2 cup Long grain rice and 1/2 cup Brown Basmati rice , 1/2 cup Urad dal , 1/4 th Cup Channa Dal , 1/4 th Cup Yellow Moong Dal , 1/4 th Cup Green Moong Dal with 1 tbsp fenugreek seeds overnight or 5 to 6 hours .
2. Wash dals and rice and grind with with enough water and Salt .
3. Ferment Overnight . ( Don’t throw the skin of Green Moong Dal if you are using Split Green Moong Dal )
5. Cool the dosa before cutting into long strips .
2.Once Onions are Brown add Ginger and Garlic paste ( 1 tbsp) and fry for Couple of Minutes .
3. Add 1/2 cup Vegetables of your choice ( Like Zucchini , Peas, thinly sliced Cabbage, Bell pepper and thinly sliced Carrot) and cook for 2 to 3 Minutes .
4. Once vegetables are soft add Roasted peppers , 2 diced roma tomatoes and cook for Couple of minutes. Switch of the stove and add 1/2 to 1 tbsp Rasam Powder or Sambar Powder or Curry Powder.
5. Add Dosa Noodles before serving with Finely chopped Coriander leaves and freshly ground Italian seasoning ( Important ingredient) and few grinds of Black pepper.
1. Soak One cup Channa Dal for hour or two . Wash 3 to 4 times and Pressure cook with 1/4 th cup Water for 3 Whistles on medium high heat.
2. When Pressure comes down transfer Cooked channa dal to a Bowl and mix with 3/4 th cup Powdered Jaggery and Powdered Cardamom Powder .
3. Heat 1 tbsp ghee and add channa dal mixture and cook till water evaporates on medium heat. ( It will take less than 10 minutes) . Stir in between to avoid burning .
4. Cool the mixture and shape them like Balls .
5. Dip in the DOSA BATTER ( Shared the recipe and the BATTER must be thick to coat the Puran poli balls) and pan fry them on all four sides. Drizzle some Oil when you flip them . Fry till golden Brown .