Eggplant ( Brinjal stir fry) with Nuts Spice powder and Vadi.When are too busy to think of what to Cook and have a zero plan then try this easy and tasty Stir fry recipe with two vegetables( Purple Brinjal and Onions). The spice powder elevates the taste and adds falvor to the stir fry and vadi adds little Crunch . Brinjal is one of my favorite Vegetable because it cooks fast with minimum Oil , tasty and can stay fresh for more than a week if you wrap individually in a Paper towel and store in lower shelf of the refrigerator( After 4 days wrap in new paper towel and Ziplock bag) . I shared how to cook in minimum time and Oil . Eggplant is the common name used in some countries and known as Brinjal in Asia , South eat Asia and Soth Africa. Low in Calories , fat and rich in soluble fiber. The anto oxidants present in the peel or skin have potential Health benefits against certain diseases , aging and inflammation . Pick thin ,long , firm and bright purple colored with green stalk . It is one of the easiet Stir fry recipe cooked in very least time . While chopping vegetables , roast Nuts , seeds and spices . While Cooking the vegetables fry Vadi in One or two tbsp oil and grind the spice Powder. Dinner can be prepared in 30 Minutes with Eggplant ( Brinjal ) stir fry Steamed Rice, Papad and Dal fry .
Recipe for 3 to 4 People .
Preparation time : 10 Minutes Cooking time : 10 Minutes
2. Onion – Big ( Slice length wise into 10 pieces)
3. Vadi – 1/2 Cup ( Fry 1/2 Cup with 2 tbsp Oil and crush them in a small Ziplock with the help of a rolling Pin )
4. Spice to roast and Grind ( Nuts spice powder) – Roast Handful of Almonds and Walnuts with 1 /2 tbsp Coriander and Cumin seeds each , 2 tbsp sesame seeds ,Fenugreek seeds – 10 , Mustard seeds -1/4 th tbsp . Cool and grind with 1/2 tbsp red chilli Powder and Mango Powder or Tamarind
5. Curry Powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli Powder , Coriander and Cumin powder, Garlic and coriander leaves with stems.
6. Oil – 2 tps
7. Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
8. Grated ginger and Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
9 . Curry Leaves and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
10 . Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
1. Heat a wide pan with tbsp Oil and Cumin seeds .
4. After 2 Minutes , check with Knife whether they are cooked. Uncover and cook Until light Brown for 2 minutes ( Be careful they get mushy easily )
5. Switch off the stove and add Curry Powder , Crushed Vadi, Nuts spice Powder, Curry leaves and finely Chopped Coriander leaves. Check for Salt and spices and adjust accordingly .