Next time when you buy Coriander and mint with other Vegetables , buy some Semi riped Tomatoes to try this recipe. Once you finish preparing this chutney your Kitchen will be full of aroma with roasted spices combined with flavorful Mint and coriander. Adding little Mint and Coriander bring unique flavor to any dish . Coriander is a good source of Iron and Calcium . Helps those suffer from Anemia and helps keep your Bones healthy and stronger for years . Mint is a great appetizer or Palate cleanser and promotes digestion. Mint leaves are packed with anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties and are great for your oral Health.It kills bacteria in the mouth preventing tooth decay , helps tongue and teeth clean and beats Bad Breath. Source : Healt Magazines .How you Serve Chutney is up to you? Serve with Steamed rice , Ghee and Papad or as a spread for Sandwich or for Wraps or with Holiday appetizers or Use as Pesto to mix with Cooked Pasta. If you want to mix with Cooked Pasta , don’t add any seasoning. Add some Oil and Crushed garlic to the Chutney for more taste and flavor. It stays good for more than 3 days in the refrigerator. The taste will be the same as it is on the first day.
Recipe for 4 to 6 People.
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 Minutes .
- Coriander – Two Bunches
2. Mint – One Bunch
3. Semi riped tomatoes – 3
4. Onion – small ( Chopped)
5. Juice of Lime – Half .
6 . Oil – 3 tbsp
7. Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
8. Green chillies -2
9. Seasoning – Urad dal – 1 tbsp , Mustard and Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp , Channa dal – 2 tbsp , Hing – Pinch , Broken Red chillies
10. SPICES to ROAST and GRIND : Cashews – Handful , Seame seeds – 2 tbsp , Walnuts – 10 , Cuimin and Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp each , fenugreek seeds – 10, Mustard seeds -1/4 th tbsp , Red chillies -2 to 4 . Cool the spices and grind with Marble size tamarind .
11. Garlic Cloves – 6 ( Chopped and Crushed)
1. Wash Coriander and Mint throuroghly. Heat a tbsp Oil and Cook Coriander , Mint , Chopped tomatoes with Green chillies, Salt and Turmeric. Cool it before grinding.
2. Dry roast Nuts and Spices mentioned under Spices to roast and Grind. Cool and grind with Marble size Tamarind. Transfer to a Bowl .
3. Grind Cooled Coriander mixture coarsely . Transfer to Spice Bowl . Mix . Add finely chopped Onions and Squeeze Juice of Lime.
4. Check for salt and spices and adjust accordingly.
5. Heat 2 tbsp Oil and add Channa Dal . When Channa dal is light Brown add Crushed Garlic , Urad dal , Cumin and Mustard seeds , Hing and Broken Red chillies. Add this seasoning to the Chutney and Mix well.