Bored of eating dull and dry Stir fry vegetables . Try this homemade Curry Powder which you can prepare in less than 10 minutes . It enhances the taste and flavor of Stir fry vegetables. The American Heart Association recommends eating four servings of legumes, unsalted nuts and seeds a week . Instead of eating unhealthy saturated fats eating nuts as part of healthy diet has been shown to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol . Try substituting a handful of nuts or a tablespoon or two of nut spread. Source : Health Magazines. Sprinkle 2 to 3 tbsp after you switch off the stove.Today I’m sharing Home made Curry Powder with Mixed Nuts for Stir fry Vegetables. Or serve as a side with Breakfast recipes like idli , Upma or Sprinkle on Dosa ( No need of any Chutney to be served ) or with any Appetizers. It will take less than 10 Minutes to prepare if you have Store bought roasted Nuts and Store in an air tight container for longer Shelf Life.Enjoy your stir fry Vegetables with this tasty and flavorful Curry Powder.
1. Roasted Mixed Nuts – 3/4 th Cup
2. Roasted Peanuts – 1/4 th Cup
3. Sesame seeds – 2 tbsp
4. Red chilli Powder – 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp
5. Coriander and Cumin Powder – 1/2 tbsp each or accordingly
6. Mango Powder
7. Curry Leaves – 5
9. Garlic – 4 to 5 ( Peeled )
10 . Dry Coconut – 1/2 cup
1. If Mixed Nuts and Peanuts are not roasted, roast them on medium heat . Once light brown switch off the Stove and add Sesame seeds . Cool the nuts and seeds before grinding .
2. In a Blender add Half cup Dry coconut , Red chilli Powder, Coriander and Cumin powder , Mango Powder and Peeled Garlic. Blend into a fine Powder .
3. Then add roasted Nuts and seeds , Salt and Blend Into fine Powder or Little Coarse Powder . Check for Salt and Spices and add accordingly .
Store in an airtight Container. Use as a CURRY POWDER for STIR FRY VEGETABLES at the end or Serve with Breakfast recipes or with any APPETIZERS .