Daliya ( Cracked Wheat ) with Lime , Okra stir fry and Apple flavored Yogurt is a Simple recipe , tasty and Chewy .Dinner at Five for Kids . Do you like to eat your Dinner / lunch little longer . Then this is the right recipe. it will take time to chew cooked Daliya if you cook with Medium size Cracked Wheat. Soak for sometime , so it will consume less Water and less time to Cook .I like to Cook on stove top instead rice Cooker , because I want nice and fluffy Daliya . If you cook on stove top , once Daliya is cooked you can uncover and cook till water evaporates. It will not be spicy for KIDS if you add Green chillies and Ginger at the end after you switch off the Stove. and you are going the like the taste , once you Squeeze juice of Lime. Okra stir fry is very simple recipe to be served with Daliya . Any stir fry Vegetable taste good with this Lime flavored Daliya . Stir fry Green Beans too. I’m sharing how to cook OKra without getting Slimy . Check the recipe at the End. We finished Dinner with flavored Yogurt( Just grate apple , add Pinch of Cardamom Powder and little Sugar to the Yogurt) or add some Grated Cucumber , Season with Salt , Pepper and Mixed Herbs.
Recipe for 3 People .
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 minutes
1. Daliya( Cracked wheat ) – 1 Cup ( Medium size not fine variety)
2. Water – 2 1/2 Cups
3. Oil – 2 tbsp
5. Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
6. Mustard seeds- 1/4 th tbsp
7.Juice of Lime – 1/2
8. Chopped Green Chillies – 2 ( Light green are mild spicy)
9. Ginger – 1 tbsp chopped
10 . Finely chopped Coriander Leaves
1. Wash daliya( Cracked Wheat ) for 3 to 4 times and soak for 30 minutes or 15 minutes. This will reduce the cooking time and no need to add more Water.
2. Heat a tbsp Oil and splutter Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds , Curry Leaves .
3. Add 2 1/2 cups water and season Water with Salt. Bring to Boil . Once water comes to Boil , taste Water for Salt and adjust accordingly .
4. Drain water from Soaked DALIYA and add to the Boiling Water . Cover and cook on Medium High flame. Stir in between.
5. Once Daliya is cooked , Uncover and add One more tbsp Oil and cook till water evaporates. Daliya has to be nice and fluffy . Stir in between to avoid Burning.
6. Once water evaporates and Daliya is nice and fluffy, switch off the stove and add Chopped Green Chillies , Ginger , finely Chopped Coriander Leaves and SQUEEZE JUICE OF LIME . Let it sit on stove for 5 to 10 Minutes before you serve.
SERVE with any stir fry vegetable and Flavored Yogurt .
1. Heat Oil and add Chopped Okra. Don’t season with Salt. Cover and cook On Medium / Medium High Heat covered for 5 Minutes or until Okra is soft .
2. After 5 Minutes , add Oil and Keep Lid Half covered and Cook till Brown . Stir in between to avoid burning.
3. Once Okra is fried add Curry Powder , Grated Carrot , Coconut Mixture( Grind 1/4 th cup coconut with 2 green chillies and salt ) .
4. Mix gently . Add roasted Cashews or Peanuts and finely Chopped Coriander Leaves .
5. Check for Salt and spices and adjust accordingly.
SERVE with Lemony Daliya and Apple flavored YOGURT .