It is one of the easiest Dessert recipe I can prepare in 10 minutes without fail . You are going to love the nice aroma from Ghee and rich taste with nuts and other ingredients. Ghee is a staple in preparing Indian Desserts , cooking and Ayurvedic medicine. Ghee made from grass fed butter is healthy and had essential Vitamins like A, D , E and K and as well as fatty acids. According to some Research Ghee actually reduce the risk of heart disease instead of increasing. Too much eating will increase Cholesterol levels . People with diabetes, heart disease and suffering from obesity should avoid or reduce the intake. If you are dealing with any sort of digestive issues , Ghee will help in healing Gut lining. it improves digestion . The short chain fatty acid butyrate helps support a healthy digestive tract , increases gastric acid and helps in efficient digestion . Beneficial for mind , controls metabolism , inflammation and stress. Butyrate works by stimulating the conversion of fiber into more butyric acid which is essential for detoxifying as well as elimination of other fats and toxins. Source : Health magazines
Dessert with Cracked Wheat ( Daliya) is very very Simple Dessert recipe we can prepare in less than 10 minutes and can pack for Kids Lunch Box as Dessert . Stays good in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days . Just warm for one minute before packing in Kids Lunch Box .It tastes so rich with Minimum Ghee . I added both Jaggery and Sugar instead of just using one. Milk almost gave a rich taste and I used water too for Cooking. I found this fine variety of Daliya in indian stores which almost looks like Semolina.The recipe looks so Simple with few Ingredients but taste good and Healthy than a Cookie.
Recipe for 18 Medium Patties .
Note : Once you finish cooking. Grease a Baking sheet with little Ghee and spread it. Use Cookie cutters . You can even surprise Kids on Valentine’s Day with this easy Dessert .
Preparation time : 10 Minutes and Cooking time : 10 Minutes
1. Fine Cracked Wheat ( Daliya) – 1 Cup
2. Milk – 2 Cups
3. Water – 1 Cup
4. Jaggery ( Brown sugar ) -1/2 Cup and Sugar -1/4 th Cup . Add according to your taste.
5. Raisins – 1/2 cup( chopped)
6. Pistachio’s , Walnuts, Almonds and Cashews – One Cup ( Chopped)
7. Cardamom – 8 ( Powdered)
8. Ghee – 2 tbsp
1. Heat 1 tbsp ghee and roast Daliya( Cracked Wheat ) . Once Light Brown transfer to a Bowl .
2. To this add Powdered Cardamom and Raisins .
3. Add Milk and water to sauce Pan and bring to Boil . Once it comes to Boil add roasted daliya slowly and Mix well . Once Daliya is cooked , Switch off the stove .
4. Add Pistachio’s , Cashews , Raisins, Powdered Jaggery, Sugar and Powdered Cardamom . Add one more tbsp Ghee . Check for Sweetness and add accordingly .
5. Cool it before you make Patties. Once cooled , grease your hands with ghee and take a handful of cooked Halwa and shape like a ball . Then flatten slowly between your Hands. Repeat the process with the rest of the Halwa .
REFRIGERATE and when serving or Packing for Kids Lunch Box warm for 30 seconds .