is a QUICK MORNING BREAKFAST or KIDS LUNCH BOX with TOMATO YOGURT RAITA .Prepared with 5 main Ingredients . N o School because of Snow – Quick Lunch in 10 minutes. Worried of power outage as it very windy. Prepared early in the morning and ate for Lunch at room temperature . I mixed everything night before and refrigerated . As they tasted good at room temperature , will pack for Lunch BOX next week . One more in Kids Lunch Box recipe Book. They are very tasty with all ingredients I added . Kids won’t say No for this Breakfast or Lunch Box.
A little change for Kids from regular South Indian Breakfast or Paratha or Poha. I mixed all the Ingredients and left in the refrigerator overnight. All you have to do is just PAN FRY them in the morning for BREAKFAST . You don’t need any Ziplock Cover to shape the Patties. When the Pan is warm enough , just wet your fingers and place the dough ball on the Pan and shape them like Patties. Doesn’t need any side. If you want to Pack for Kids Lunch , Just pack with TOMATO RAITA.
RECIPE FOR TOMATO RAITA: Heat 1 tbsp Oil and add Cumin seeds , Chopped tomato and season with salt . Once Tomato is soft , Switch off the stove and add rasam powder . Mix well . Cool before adding to 1 Cup of YOGURT. Add finely chopped Coriander ) . You can prepare this TOMATO YOGURT DIP night before and refrigerate. Just pack in Kids Lunch Box and it will come to ROOM TEMPERATURE by LUNCH TIME.
Note : You need only a tbsp Oil to fry 15 PATTIES .
Recipe for 15 Medium Patties.
Preparation time : 10 Minutes and Cooking time : 10 Minutes
- Brown RICE FLOUR or Rice flour of your choice – 1 Measuring Cup ( Store bought)
2. Moong dal – 1/2 Cup ( Soak for 15 to 30 minutes )
3. Zucchini – 1 grated or Bottle Gourd ( Lauki)
4. Baby carrots – 10 ( Grated)
5. Coriander – One Bunch ( Washed and Chopped)
6. Cumin seeds- 1 tbsp
8. Oil – 1 tbsp
9. Rasam Powder ,Green chilli Paste, Grated Ginger and Grated Garlic .
10. Onion – 1 ( Chopped)
1. Mix Rice flour, Soaked and washed Moong Dal, Grated Zucchini , Grated Carrots , Chopped Coriander, Rasam Powder or Green chilli paste , Salt and Cumin seeds. Mix well . Add sufficient Water and prepare a dough like Chapathi .
2. Divide the dough into 15 equal portions.
3. Heat a wide pan and Grease with little Oil . Place the dough ball on the Pan . Wet your fingers with Water and flatten with your fingers .
4. Drizzle Oil when flip . Cook on Medium / Medium high flame . It will take less than 5 minutes to Pan fry 5 Patties.
5. Serve warm for Breakfast Or PACK for KIDS LUNCH BOX with TOMATO YOGURT DIP ( Shared recipe in the Introduction )