Easy way to hide Greens and Vegetables for Kids. Pasta with Sauce is Kids favorite meal and easy for Moms to cook for Weekend Lunch or for Week night Dinner or for KIDS LUNCH BOX. I cooked Pasta in Microwave for fast cooking . Cooked perfectly . If you want to prepare for KIDS LUNCH BOX , Cook Pasta , Chop the Veggies and refrigerate. It will take Less than 15 minutes to cook in the morning and you can Pack for LUNCH BOX.
After we finished eating for our Weekend Lunch , my daughter asked me if I can cook Macaroni with Cheese for next Weekend Lunch instead of Penne Pasta . I started drafting the recipe , then I realized I forgot to take out Cheese from refrigerator and didn’t add to the Pasta. We didn’t find any difference and enjoyed it. I think my daughter May be because of the ingredients I used in Sauce , we didn’t feel that Cheese is missing in Pasta . So new Pasta recipe without Cheese. May be there are recipes without Cheese , but this Pasta recipe without Cheese is my Invention. Check the recipe for Sauce prepared with Nuts and I added 2 big handfuls of Spinach and 2 chopped Roma tomatoes . Added Indian spice powders ( a pinch of Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin powder or say 1/2 tbsp Rasam Powder ) and some Herbs. Just add Milk and WATER as I mentioned in the recipe for proper consistency . It will taste good at room temperature , so you can pack for Kids Lunch Box .
RECIPE for 2 to 3 People .
Preparation time : 10 Minutes and Cooking time : 10 Minutes
1. MULTI GRAIN PENNE PASTA – 2 Cups Cooked ( 1 Cup raw . I cooked Pasta in Microwave)
2. Spinach – 2 Big handfuls( Chopped )
3. Roma tomatoes – 2 Chopped
4. Milk – 8 Ounces ( 1 Glass)
5. Water – 16 Ounces ( 2 glasses)
6. Wheat flour – 2 tbsp
7. Almonds – 10 , cashews – 10
8. Oil – 1 tbsp and Butter or Ghee- 1/2 tbsp
9. Rasam powder or Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder – 1/2 tbsp
10 . Mixed Herbs, Dried Oregano , Dried Basil and Freshly grounded Black pepper – 1 tbsp
1. Grind Almonds and Cashews into fine powder and add Milk and grind one more time.
2. Add 1 tsp Oil and 1/2 tbsp ghee to a wide Pan and add Wheat flour and fry for Couple minutes . Stirring Continuously on Medium flame.
3. Add Milk with Nuts to the pan and 1 glass water ( 8 Ounces) and Cook for 7 to 8 Minutes . Stir in between . Add rest of Water slowly . After 7 to 8 minutes add Chopped Spinach , Rasam powder or Red chilli powder and Cumin powder and Salt . Check Sauce for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly .
4. Add cooked Pasta and Chopped Tomatoes . Mix well and cook for Couple of Minutes . Switch off the stove.
5. Add freshly ground Black pepper, Oregano, dried Basil and Mixed herbs.
SERVE warm for Weekend Lunch or pack for KIDS LUNCH BOX.