I like 10 Minute Lunch Box and Breakfast recipes. If you have Kids going to Middle School , they will definitely like to pack for Lunch Box. SAVE the RECIPE to the LUNCH BOX RECIPE BOOK . My daughter goes very early morning to school before 7 A.M eating little Breakfast . By Lunch time she will be hungry and finishes what ever packed for Lunch Box . Pack with Plain curd ( Good protein source for vegetarians : Greek Yogurt 6 oz – 17 g protein) and fruit. Perfect Lunch . Yogurt is much lower in saturated fat and has more Calcium and Protein as well as Probiotics for digestion . Health beneficial bacteria that live in digestive tract help crowd out harmful micro organisms that can cause intestinal infections. It is a Simple and Easy to prepare Kids Lunch Box in the morning ( Say 10 Minutes) if you have Left over rice and Chopped Vegetables . This rice recipe taste good at room temperature . Left over Rice is perfect rice to prepare , so it won’t get mushy . Kids will like the tangy taste of rice with Sweet taste from Veggies and little Crunch from Peanuts. My Kids like eating roasted Peanuts in between which will taste good by Lunch time soaking up all the Spices. Here is the recipe with 5 main Ingredients that you can find easily in your Kitchen .
Recipe for 3 People
Preparation : 10 minutes and Cooking time : 10 Minutes
1. Left Over rice – 2 Cups ( Rice of your choice)
2. Capsicum ( Green Bell peppers) – 2 Big ( chopped)
3. Green peas – 1/2 cup ( Frozen or Cooked dried peas)
4. Roasted Peanuts – 2 Handfuls
5. MTR Puligore Powder – 3 tbsp or Dry roast 2 tbsp Channa dal , 2 tbsp Urad dal , 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds , 1/2 tbsp Coriander seeds and 2 Red chillies . Cool the spices and grind with 2 tbsp dry coconut and Marble size Tamarind or Mango powder and Salt .
6. Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
7. Oil – 2 tbsp
8. Chopped Coriander Leaves and Curry Leaves
9. Green Chillies – 4 ( Whole and Mild Spicy)
10. Mustard seeds and Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
1. Heat Oil and Splutter Mustard seeds , Cumin seeds , Green chillies and Curry Leaves .
2. Add Chopped Bell pepper ( Capsicum) . Season with Salt and Turmeric . Cover and Cook on Medium flame . Stir in between to avoid burning.
3. Once the vegetable is soft , Switch off the stove and add Green Peas , Roasted peanuts, MTR Puligore powder. mix well .
4. Add Cooked rice and Mix gently and make sure the rice is well Coated with Veggie mixture.
5. taste for Salt and Spice powder and adjust accordingly . Add finely Chopped Coriander Leaves.
PACK the Rice in KDS LUNCH BOX along with CURD (YOGURT) and FRUIT .