Sometimes Kids trouble to eat their Vegetables . Easy way, to hide in Pancakes . I used whole bag of Green Beans to prepare these Pancakes . If you have a toddler at home , no need to feed them . They can self feed and you can even pack for Kids Lunch Box. Chew slowly to understand the taste of the ingredients in the Pancakes .
Two Packets of Green Beans are starring at me when ever I open the refrigerator. We buy vegetables every two weeks because of Winter . I need to use these Green Beans before expiration date. I usually prepare Stir fry and eat with Steamed rice or Phulka or Simple saute and eat with Daliya. It is Weekend Lunch . Kids expect some Special Lunch . Thought I will use Whole packet of Green Beans and prepare Pancakes . Added couple more vegetables , flours that we can find easily in our pantry and everyday Spices. I buy this Microwavable Green Beans and just Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes . Transfer to a Bowl . Wash 3 to 4 times before you chop. Steamed bag vegetables are just as good as other vegetables cooked outside the bag and help minimize nutrient loss which include fiber , phyto chemicals , vitamins and minerals. Cooking without added water helps maintain water soluble vitamins such as Vitamin C and B vitamins that are otherwise leeched into Cooking water and we don’t need to worry about BPA getting in food due to cooking vegetables in the bag.The fiber content in Green Beans is high and recommended to steam for just 5 minutes to retain maximum number of health promoting phyto nutrients , vitamins and minerals and to maintain their bright green color. They stay good for a week if you wrap them in a paper towel and into plastic bag and store in lower shelf of refrigerator .
If you want to prepare for Kids Lunch Box CHOP the vegetables and refrigerate. Mix the flours with Spices. Morning just Mix Green Beans and other Vegetables with Flours , spices and sufficient Water . Use a wide pan to Prepare 8 Pancakes at a time . So you can pack for 2 Kids LUNCH Boxes. Easy recipe right and what special about these Pancakes , they taste good at room temperature. CHEW slowly to understand the taste of Vegetables , flours and Spices in the Pancakes. GREEN BEANS : I like these microwavable bags. Easy to Cook in the Microwave in 2 1/2 minutes . OIL : Need minimum Oil to prepare 18 Pancakes . SPICES : For flavor and digestion FLOURS : For binding . Carbs and Protein VEGETABLES : For Fiber and Nutrition .
Recipe for 18 Pancakes .
Preparation time : 15 Minutes Day Before and
Cooking Time : Less than 10 minutes for 8 pancakes
1. Green Beans – 2 Measuring cups ( Microwave the Green Beans bag for 2 1/2 minutes . Cool , Wash and chop ) One Packet
2. Onion – 1 medium ( Chopped)
3. Spinach – 2 Big handfuls ( Chopped)
4. Baby carrots – 10 ( Grated)
5. Chick pea flour – 1 cup
6. Jowar flour – 1/4 th cup and Poha ( flattened rice) – 1/2 Cup
or 3/4 th Poha ( flattened rice of your choice( Red rice Poha , Brown rice Poha or White Poha)
6. Oil – 2 tbsp
7. Curry Powder – 1 tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli Powder, Coriander and Cumin powder, Garlic and Fresh Coriander ) and AJWAIN – 1/2 tbsp and GREEN CHILLI PASTE , Grated GINGER and GARLIC .
8. Water -accordingly
10 . Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
1. Mix Washed and Chopped Green Beans, Grated Baby carrots, Chopped Onions , Spinach , Salt and Curry Powder .
2. Add flours and Mix well.
3. Add water slowly and mix. The batter must be thick as shown in the Picture .
4. Heat a wide Pan and grease with little Oil . Take a handful of batter . Shape like a ball ( Wet your hand ) and place on the Pan and press with your fingers slowly into 1/2 inch thick . So they will cook evenly .
5. Repeat the process with the rest of the batter . Drizzle Oil over the edges when you flip to crisp the edges. Pan fry till Golden Brown on both sides.
PACK for KIDS LUNCH BOX with ketchup or SERVE with Chopped ONIONS and LIME.