Kids Lunch Box / Weekend Lunch / Dinner at Five – Green Mac and Cheese ( Pressure Cooker recipe) . Check my recipe when to add each and every ingredient to enjoy a tasty Pasta .
What a easy way to hide Vegetables in Kids favorite Mac and Cheese ? It is a Long weekend because of President’s Day . (No school on Monday) . My husband went for Shopping to buy Milk . Along with Milk he bought Asparagus , Green Bell Pepper , Spinach . Seeing Green vegetables, thought I will cook Mac and Cheese for Lunch ( We had Khichidi for Saturday Lunch and Vegetable Biryani for Sunday Lunch . No rice recipe . This Recipe is so easy to cook and can satisfy Kids. You can even pack for Kids Lunch Box as I added little more water and it is not going to thicken by Lunch time . Dietary fiber from vegetables helps reduce Cholesterol , Obesity , type 2 diabetes and lower the risk of heat disease. They are low in Calories and fat but contain good amounts of Vitamins and Minerals . Kids need 2 servings of fruits and 3 servings of Vegetables each day. Oil is important for health especially for growing children as it provides essential fatty acids and Vitamin E . ( Not fried ) . I love this Caption ” Go green to stay Lean” . Asparagus , a low cholesterol and Heart healthy food with good source of fiber , Vitamins K, B, A and C and with just 43 calories per cup . Be sure to add to your Healthy Plate.
Cook Pasta in Pressure Cooker day before and refrigerate . Chop vegetables and refrigerate . You can prepare Kids Lunch Box or Weekend Lunch in less time. Try this Easy and Simple recipe . Check the Method how to Cook tasty Pasta with a touch of Spices .
Recipe for 3 .
Preparation time : 10 minutes and Cooking time : 10 minutes
1. Whole grain Macaroni – 1/2 Cup raw ( Cook in Pressure Cooker with 2 Cups Water and little Salt for 2 Whistles on Medium High Flame)
2. Asparagus – 10 to 15 ( thinly chopped)
3. Bell pepper – Half chopped
4. Spinach – 2 to 3 handfuls ( finely chopped)
5. Roma tomatoes – 2 ( Finely Chopped) Deseeded
6. Milk – 8 Ounces ( One glass)
7. Water – 16 Ounces ( 2 glasses)
8. Salt and Spices or Rasam Powder or Sambar Powder , Freshly gound Black Pepper and Mixed Herbs – 1/2 tbsp or accordingly
9. Oil – 2 tbsps
10 . Cheese – 1/2 Cup
11. Flour of your Choice – 4 tbsp( Wheat flour or almond flour or Nuts flour or APF flour )
1. Cook 1/2 cup Macaroni in Pressure Cooker with 2 1/2 Cups Water and season with Salt for 2 Whistles on medium High Heat. When Pressure comes down transfer to a Bowl and drain out excess water.
2 Heat 1 tbsp Oil and Cook finely Chopped Asparagus for Couple of Minutes . Then add flour and 1 more tbsp Oil . Stir in between to avoid burning.
3. Add Milk and Water and cook till it is thickened ( Say 5 Minutes) . Season with salt and Spices . Taste the sauce and adjust accordingly . Add Finely chopped Spinach and Bell Pepper . Cook for two Minutes .
4. Add Cooked Macaroni , Chopped Tomato and Cheese. Mix well and switch off the Stove.
5.Season with Black Pepper and Mixed Herbs .