Morning Rush Hour – Solution 15 minute Biryani ( Cooking time) .My kids like this Green peas Vegetable Biryani in their Lunch Box . It taste good Warm or at room temperature and no need to worry about vegetables . It is loaded with Veggies . One pot meal and I didn’t add any Garam Masala , but added Whole Garam Masala in tadka which flavors the rice along with aromatic flavor from Basmati Rice. Green Peas Vegetable Biryani is a Simple Recipe you can prepare with Every day Ingredients from your Pantry. What you are going to like about this recipe is , it can be cooked in 15 minutes in Rice Cooker in your Morning Busy Schedule. By the time you prepare Breakfast , Kids Lunch Box will be ready. Prepare Yogurt ( curd) raita night before and refrigerate. Pack with Green Peas vegetable Biryani and it will come to room temperature by Lunch time. It taste good Warm or at Room temperature. It is a good Weekend Lunch Idea with less work ( No need to baby sit when you cook in Rice Cooker) when you want to Spend time with your family .
Recipe for 3 to 4 People .
Preparation time : 15 minutes and Cooking time : 15 Minutes in Rice Cooker
COOKING TIPS :
1. Chop vegetables and Cook Green Peas ( If you are using dry Green Peas) and refrigerate .
2. Prepare Yogurt( Curd ) Raita and refrigerate.
3. Measure rice and store in a Box. Gather ingredients for Whole Garam Masala and store in a Box.
4. Use Mortar and Pestle for Green Chilli Paste and Grater for Ginger and Garlic Paste .
1. Basamati Rice ( Rice of your choice Brown or White) – 1 cup raw ( Soak for 15 to 30 Minutes) and Water – 2 Cups
2. Green Peas – 1 cup ( Fresh or Frozen or Dried Green peas , soaked and Cooked in Pressure Cooker for 3 Whistles with 1/4 th cup Water) or in the Microwave for 5 minutes . I keep cooked Beans in refrigerator so it is easy to add for any recipes.
3. Onion – 1 medium ( thinly sliced)
4. Ginger and Garlic paste – 1 tbsp( Fresh )
5. Potato – 1 ( Cubed)
6. Oil – 4 tbsp and Ghee – 1 tbsp ( We need 5 tbsp Oil , add according to your taste )
8. Roma Tomatoes – 3 ( chopped or crushed ) , Cauliflower florets – 6 Big florets ( cut into medium florets ) and Bell Pepper – 1 chopped , Carrots and Green Beans
9. Whole Garam Masala – 1 tbsp Cumin seeds, 3 Cardamom , Cloves – 5 , Bay Leaf – 2 , Cinnamon stick – 2 small
10 . Green Chilli Paste – 1 tbsp
1. Heat Oil and fry thinly sliced Onions. Once Onions are light brown add Grated Ginger and Garlic Paste followed by whole Garam Masala. Switch off the stove and add Green Chilli Paste to the Seasoning.
2. Wash rice and transfer to Rice Cooker Bowl . Add 2 cups Water . Season with salt . Check water for salt and add accordingly .
3. Add cooked Green peas , Cubed Potato , Crushed tomato , Cauliflower florets , Chopped Bell pepper , Carrots , Green Beans , Onion seasoning and Chopped coriander. Mix gently and Cook in RICE COOKER .
4.PACK with ONION TOMATO RAITA .
5. ONION TOMATO RAITA : To One cup Yogurt( Curd) add 1/4 th cup Chopped Onions and One chopped tomato, Chopped Green chilli , Chopped Coriander . Season with salt. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and add Cumin seeds ( 1 tbsp) . Cool the seasoning and add to Yogurt raita.