You must have tried many recipes with Tindora. How about a little Crunch with this tasty vegetable ? I usually add some Cooked Beans at the end instead of serving it with Dal. When we don’t have time to Cook Dal or Cooked Beans in the refrigerator , then try to add Moong vadi . Just fry with a tbsp Oil , Crush with the rolling Pin and add at the end . Along with Vadi I added Coconut Spice Powder . You can prepare this spice powder ahead of time and refrigerate without SALT . Stays good in the refrigerator for 5 to 6 days . We like Tindora . It taste good with minimum spices. No need to add water while Cooking Tindora . It will cook perfectly with 2 tbsp Oil . Grind Onions Coarsely . Adds nice flavor . Even if you cook in morning and heat n serve for dinner , the taste and flavor will be the same. I use Home made Curry Powder , you can use any Spices of your choice.
Tindora is one tasty vegetable which need only 2 Ingredients salt and Curry Powder. What I like about this vegetable is , it taste good at room temperature. So good LUNCH BOX IDEA. In today’s recipe I added 2 more Ingredients without Overpowering the taste of Tindora .
It is good source of fiber. Fiber intake has number of benefits to body . Fiber supports healthy blood sugar levels by helping body to digest sugar slowly, offsetting the effect of sugar entering the bloodstream . Eating foods high in fiber promotes feeling of fullness which helps curb appetite and support healthy weight .Helps lower gastrointestinal cancers. Source : HM. Here is the recipe with 5 main ingredients.
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 Minutes .
2 . Onion – 1 ( Grind Coarsely )
3. Moong Dal Vadi – 1/2 cup ( Fry with a tbsp Oil ) Cool and Crush with the help of a Rolling pin.
4. Coconut Spice Powder – Dry roast 2 tbsp Sesame seeds with 1 tbsp Cumin and Coriander seeds. Cool and grind with handful of Coconut ,2 Green Chillies and small piece of Ginger. and Tamarind . If you squeeze lime juice skip TAMARIND.
5. Curry Powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli powder , Coriander Powder ,Cumin Powder , Garlic and fresh Coriander)
6. Oil – 4 tbsp ( 2 tbsp for Pan frying Tindora , 1 tbsp for frying Onions , 1 tbsp for frying Vadi)
7. Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
8. Juice of Lime – 1/2 ( Optional)
9. Curry Leaves and Coriander Leaves
10 . Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
1. Soak Tindora for 15 minutes . Wash 4 to 5 times.
2. Cut into Circles . Heat 2 tbsp Oil in a wide pan and Pan fry Tindora. Season with Salt . No need to add water . Cook on a Medium High flame and stir in between to avoid burning. Once light Brown , Switch off the stove and transfer to a Bowl .
3. In the same Pan , fry Coarsely grind Onions till light Brown . Season with Salt , Turmeric and add Cumin seeds and Curry leaves while frying Onions and Crushed Garlic too.
4. Once Onions are fried add Tindora, Coconut Spice Powder, Curry Powder , Crushed Vadi and Finely chopped Coriander Leaves .
5. Squeeze Juice of Lime. Check for Spices and adjust accordingly.
SERVE with Phulka or Steamed RICE .