Kids Lunch Box – Masala Penne Pasta with Vegetables
is a Kid friendly recipe and not over spiced . No cheese added .If Kids doesn’t like to eat Vegetables and like Pasta , it is easy to hide in PASTA SAUCE . I added good amount of Vegetables . I like hiding Vegetables in Sauces for my kids , so they won’t pick it out and keep aside. Taste good at room temperature so you can pack for Kids Lunch Box . For easy Preparing Lunch Box, I do preparation ahead of time like Cooking Pasta and Chopping Vegetables and refrigerate . It takes only 10 Minutes to Prepare and every one in the family can enjoy a tasty Lunch . I cook Pasta in Pressure Cooker and Cooks Perfectly . The vegetable sauce tasted good with the Spices and ketchup and not to worry that Kids will bring the Lunch Box without eating. Loaded with veggies and One single Pot to Clean . Easy Dinner idea or for Weekend Lunch or Kids Lunch Box . Here is the recipe :
Recipe for 3 .
Preparation time : 15 Minutes and Cooking time : 10 Minutes
1. Whole Wheat or Multi Grain Penne Pasta – 1/2 Cup raw
2. Cauliflower florets – 2 Measuring Cups ( Very small florets , Cooks fast)
3. Grated Carrot
4. Tomatoes – 3 ( Finely Chopped)
4. Shallots – ( Chopped)
5. Grated or Crush Garlic
6. Oil – 2 tbsp
7. Ketchup – 3 tbsp or accordingly
8. Spices ( Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp or RASAM Powder
9. Freshly ground Black Pepper and Italian Mixed Herbs
10 . Finely Chopped Cilantro or Coriander
1. Cook 1/2 cup Pasta in Pressure cooker by adding 21/2 Cups water , little salt for 2 Whistles on Medium High Heat. When Pressure Comes down transfer to a Bowl and discard the water.
2. Heat 2 tbsp Oil and add Cumin seeds followed by Shallots. When shallots are light Brown add Grated or Crushed Garlic and fry for Couple of Minutes .
3. Add finely chopped Tomatoes. Season with Salt . Cook until tomatoes are soft and Cooked .
4. Once tomatoes are soft add Spices , Grated Carrot , Small Cauliflower florets. Mix well and Cook for Couple of Minutes .
5. Switch off the stove and add Ketchup ( 3 tbsp or accordingly) . Taste the Sauce before adding Pasta. Add Pasta, Chopped Cilantro or Coriander , Freshly ground Black Pepper , Cheese and Mixed Herbs.
Pack for KIDS LUNCH BOX or for Weekend Lunch or for DINNER