Vegetable Penne Pasta with Dates sauce – Kids Lunch Box
Vegetable Penne Pasta with Dates sauce is a Simple and Easy Kids Lunch Box recipe prepared with 3 Vegetables, Pasta and Dates sauce. If kids are not interested in eating Dates , try in this Pasta sauce which you can prepare ahead of time and refrigerate .I have Box of Dates ( already used 1/4 th of Box in preparing Dates Ladoo ) and I want to include in Kids Diet. Thought why not prepare a Dates sauce to mix with veggies and Pasta. So I prepared the sauce night before and refrigerated . Tasted before adding to the Pasta. Didn’t spoil because I blended Sauce with salt and Spices. I like Cooking Pasta in Pressure Cooker. Cooks Perfectly every time . Cut Vegetables the size of Pasta in an angle . Refrigerate Veggies and Cooked Pasta. Easy Lunch Box recipe with New taste. I asked my Kids did they find any difference in the taste . Not really they said. So one more Pasta recipe in Kids Lunch Box recipe book. Kids are going to like the soft bite of Veggies with Pasta and little Sweet taste from Dates sauce.
I packed Pasta along with Oatmeal Cookies , Banana chips and Fruit .
Recipe for 2 to 3 People .
Preparation time : 15 Minutes and Cooking Time : 15 Minutes
1. Multi grain Penne Pasta – 1/2 Cup ( raw)
2. Asparagus – 10 ( Cut the size of Pasta)
3. Green Beans – 2 handfuls chopped
4. Tomatoes – 3 ( 2 Tomatoes for Sauce and 1 chopped to add at the end)
5. Dates – 6
6. Ketchup – 2 tbsp
7. Curry Powder – 1 to 2 tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder , Garlic and fresh Coriander ) or Rasam or Sambar Powder
8. Garlic – 1 or 2
9. Shallots – 2 Chopped or Finely chopped Onion
10 . Freshly ground Black Pepper and Mixed Italian Herbs
11. Chopped Pistachio’s – 1/4 th Cup
1. Pressure Cook 1/2 cup Penne Pasta with 2 1/2 cups water , Little salt for 2 Whistles on Medium High flame. When Pressure comes down transfer Pasta to a Bowl and discard the water.
2. Microwave 2 tomatoes in a microwave safe bowl . Cool before blending with Spices. Transfer Cooked tomato into a blender with Deseeded Dates , Salt , Curry Powder and Garlic. Blend with 1/4 or little more water . Transfer to a Bowl.
3. Cook Green Beans in Microwave in the same Bag.
4. Heat 2 tbsp Oil and add 1 tbsp Cumin seeds . When cumin seeds turn light Brown add Shallots followed by Asparagus and Green Beans. Cook till light Brown ( say for 5 to 7 Minutes ) . Then add the Dates Sauce . Mix well with Veggies . Switch off the stove .
5. Add Cooked Pasta , Chopped Tomatoes and Ketchup . Mix gently . Taste and adjust accordingly . Finish off with freshly ground Black pepper , Mixed Herbs and Chopped Pistachio’s .