Instant Moong Dal Ladoo – Kids Lunch Box / Dessert /After School snack
Moong Dal is a simple Dessert recipe prepared with Roasted Moong Dal and Sugar. In today’s recipe I took a little help from store bought flour because I’m not able to grind Dal into a fine Powder . Tried with store bought flour and they turned out delicious. So no need of Roasting Dal and Grinding. Roast the flour on medium flame till rawness goes( Say 7 to 10 minutes).Instead of Sugar I used Jaggery and 2 tbsp Ghee. We don’t need more Ghee and 1/2 tbsp for Binding Ladoo’s. Check the Procedure how to make Ladoo’s with Less Ghee. These ladoo’s are different in taste and texture because I added few more ingredients for an interesting taste. They are tasty and you can stop eating One. Here is the recipe :
Recipe for 15 Medium Ladoo’s .
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 minutes
Note : 1 cup = 1 Measuring Cup . If you want you can add more Ghee. But they tasted good with 2 tbsp Ghee.
1. Yellow Moong Dal flour – 2 Measuring Cups
2. Jaggery – 1 1/2 Cup
3. Water – 1/2 cup
4. Roasted Cashews – 1/2 Cup( chopped)
5. Raisins – 2 Handfuls ( chopped)
6. Ghee – 2 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp
7.Cardamom – 10 ( Powdered)
8. Dry coconut – Handful
1. Roast Yellow Moong Dal flour with 2 tbsp Ghee on Medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or Until raw smell goes. Transfer to a Bowl .
2. To this add Chopped Cashews , Chopped Raisins , Powdered Cardamom and Dry Coconut . Mix well
3. In the same pan boil Water and add Powdered Jaggery and Melt ( Don’t over boil ) . Add this melted Jaggery water to Moong Dal Powder . Mix with Spoon .
4. When it is light warm take a Handful of Mixture and shape them like Ladoo’s . Grease your hands with Ghee and reshape the Ladoo’s .
5. Repeat the Process with rest of Moong Dal mixture . STORE in a Box .