Lobiya( Black eyed Beans) Roti with Carrot raita
For a change you can replace your Phulka or Paratha with these Lobiya( Black eyed Bean ) roti . Just mix every thing and prepare roti . No need to rest dough . To get round and even roti I used Ziplock bag and round bowl . If you have a big pan you can fry 4 medium roti’s at one go . The roti’s are not going to dry because I added good amount of Vegetables and they are going to stay soft at room temperature. You can serve them for Morning Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner. If you want to pack for Kids Lunch Box pack with Carrot raita. It takes only 5 minutes to prepare raita . Refrigerate and comes to room temperature by Lunch time.
RECIPE for CARROT RAITA :
Heat 1 tbsp Oil and add Cumin seeds followed by Chopped tomato ( One ) . Season with little Salt and Rasam Powder or Sambar Powder . Once tomatoes are soft add Grated carrot and Mix. Switch off the stove. Cool before adding to Yogurt . Add this Cooked vegetable to 2 cups of Yogurt(Curd) , finely chopped Onions and Coriander . Check for Salt and spices and add accordingly . You can even add Green chilli paste and Chopped ginger.
Recipe for 15 medium Roti’s .
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 minutes
1. Jowar flour – 1 Cup
2. Rice flour or Wheat flour – 1/4 th cup
3. Chopped Onions
4. Grated Zucchini – 1 Big or Bottle Gourd( Lauki)
5. Cooked Lobiya( Black eyed Beans) – 1 Cup
6. Chopped Spinach ( Palak) or Coriander
7. Green chilli paste, Red chilli powder, Cumin powder or sambar Powder or Curry Powder ( Blend of red chilli powder , Cumin and Coriander Powder , Garlic and fresh Coriander)
10 Oil – 2 tbsp for frying roti .
1. Mix jowar flour , rice flour , Mashed Lobiya( Black eyed peas) , Grated Zucchini or Bottle gourd( Lauki) , Chopped spinach or coriander , Ajwain , Green chilli paste, Grated ginger, red chilli powder , Cumin powder , turmeric and Salt . Mix well . Add water slowly and mix like a Chapathi dough .
2. Divide the dough into 15 equal portions and shape like a ball .
5. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough .
SERVE with CARROT RAITA or any Vegetable of your choice.