Bhindi (Okra) stir fry with Home made Masala Powder ( Two Ingredients recipe) i.e Okra and Masala powder
Okra Stir fry with Home made Masala Powder is a Simple and tasty Stir fry with 2 main Ingredients . Okra ( Bhindi) and Masala Powder. You can prepare the Masala powder when ever you are free and store in an air tight Container. Okra becomes slimy when Cooking. Use a wide Pan , so the vegetable won’t get Mushy . Don’t add salt till the end. Stir in between gently with a wooden stick without mashing the Vegetable. Once Okra is fried , Cool it for few minutes and add Masala Powder. For tanginess you can add tamarind or Dry Mango Powder or Squeeze Juice of Lime.
You have many options when it comes to Cooking Okra because it is pretty versatile and can be made into Stew , Stir fry, stuffed and Pickled. Good source of fiber. The fiber in this Vegetable are soluble and insoluble meaning they enhance the digestion supporting the liver and Kidneys and also stabilizes Blood sugar levels. It can curb the rate of sugar absorption when it goes to intestinal tract and effective in doing so. Okra is called a super food for people with or at risk for Diabetes or Cancer. Nutrients in Okra can be useful for those who aim to improve their well being. Along with Vitamins and minerals the anti oxidants in Okra can trigger a process in the Cancer cells and reduce their size and activity , limiting the spread in the body .Okra is your intestinal tract friend because this part of the body comes with good and bad bacteria and Okra is a good food to keep your GI tract healthy due to its contribution for good bacteria known as probiotics in your GI tract. Source : Health Magazines.
Serve this easy and tasty stir fry with Phulka or Jowar roti or Plain Paratha or steamed rice.
Recipe for 4 People .
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 Minutes .
1. Okra ( Bhindi) – 40 to 50 ( Wash and cut in an angel) or More
2. Spices to roast and grind – Roast handful of Peanuts . When Peanuts are brown transfer to a Bowl . Roast 2 tbsp Sesame seeds with 1/2 tbsp Coriander and Cumin seeds each , Fenugreek seeds – 5 , few mustard seeds. Cool the Spices and roasted Peanuts and Grind with 1/4 th cup Dry Coconut , Tamarind or Mango Powder and 3 Cloves of Garlic, Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp and Salt .
Note : If you don’t like Tamarind in Spice Powder , then add Dry mango Powder or Squeeze Juice of LIME.
3. Salt and Turmeric
4. Oil – 4 tbsp
5. Finely chopped Coriander Leaves and Curry Leaves .
1. In a wide Pan heat 2 tbsp Oil and add cut Okra. Cover and cook on Medium high flame for 5 Minutes . Stir in between . Don’t add Salt . After 5 minutes when Okra is soft keep Lid half Open or Uncover and fry till light Brown . Add 2 more tbsp Oil . stir in between with the wooden spoon without touching the vegetable and to avoid burning.
2. Once Okra is Brown , Cool the Vegetable for few minutes add the Spice Powder . Mix gently .
3. Check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly .
4. If you don’t like Tamarind in Spice Powder , then squeeze Juice of Half Lime .
5. Garnish with finely chopped Coriander leaves .
SERVE with Phulka or Jowar roti or Plain Paratha or Steamed rice.