TOMATO CURRY . Side dish for Phulka or Plain Paratha.
Tomato curry is a simple and tasty Curry you can prepare and Cook in 10 minutes. It is a gravy recipe pairs perfectly with Phulka or Plain Paratha or Jowar roti. Needs 3 vegetables and couple of Spices to prepare this Curry .I added Yogurt ( Curd ) at the end to supress the sourness . Tomatoes play an important role in everyday Cooking from Dals to gravy recipes and endless ways to include in everyday cooking. But it is important in two of the world’s popular recipes Pasta and Pizza.Tomatoes are red in color but can come in shades of Yellow, pink and even purple .The name tomato came from the Aztec word “tomati” meaning Plump fruit. There are more than 10000 tomato varieties grown around the world. They are packed with Vitamin A and C and are cholesterol free. A cooked tomato is actually better than raw one. More beneficial chemicals are released during the heating process creating higher concentration of lycopene. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene and full of antioxidants and lower the risk of cancer , prevent cardiovascular disease and regulate blood levels. Source : HM
Here is a Simple recipe of Tomato curry prepared with basic ingredients .
Recipe for 2 to 3 People . Preparation and Cooking time : 10 Minutes .
1. Potatoes – 4 ( Boiled and Crumbled) in Microwave
2. Onion – 1 medium( Finely Chopped)
3. Crushed garlic cloves – 4 and Grated ginger – 1/2 tbsp
4. Tomatoes – 3 ( finely chopped)
5. Oil – 2 tbsp
6. Yogurt (Curd) – 1 /2 cup
7. Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
8. Curry Powder – 3/4 th tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli Powder , Coriander and Cumin powder , Garlic and fresh Coriander)
9. Pav bhaji masala – 1/2 tbsp
10 . Finely chopped Coriander leaves .
11. Water – One measuring cup
1. Cook the Potatoes in Pressure cooker for 4 Whistles or in Microwave . When Pressure comes down , open the lid and transfer to a Bowl . Cool them , Peel the skin and Crumble the Potatoes .
2. Use Mortar and Pestol to prepare curry Powder .
3. Heat 2 tbsp Oil and add Cumin seeds followed by Onions. Season with Salt and turmeric Powder. Once Onions are brown add Crushed ginger and Garlic. Fry for Couple of minutes and add finely chopped tomatoes . Cook the tomatoes until soft.
4. Once Tomatoes are soft add One measuring cup Water , Curry Powder and Crumbled Potato . Bring to Boil .
5. Switch off the stove and add Pav Bhaji masala and finely chopped Coriander Leaves. Check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly . Cool the curry for sometime and add Yogurt(Curd).
Serve warm with PHULKA or PLAIN PARATHA