Indian Broad Beans Stir fry with Curry Leaf Powder.
5 ingredients recipe . We like Indian Broad beans . I cook at least once a week in season .If this vegetable is your favorite , then try this recipe. Is a tasty stir fry recipe prepared with Home made or store bought Curry Leaf Powder. It is like building layers . But worth a try if you want a new taste with Indian Broad Beans. I pack for Kids Lunch Box too . I do Preparation day before like Cooking Beans and Potatoes, Chopping Onions and refrigerate. I prepare Curry Leaf powder for 2 weeks and store in a Glass container. So it will take less than 15 minutes to Cook the vegetable in the morning. It will taste good with steamed rice or Phulka .
Recipe for 4 People .
Preparation time : 15 minutes and Cooking time : 15 minutes
1.Indian Board Beans – 10 Handfuls ( Remove the fiber part, Soak in salt Water and wash 3 to 4 times and Cut into 2 Inch pieces)
2. Onion – 1 medium ( Grind Coarsely)
3. Potatoes – 4( Cooked and Cubed)
5. Curry leaf powder – Homemade or store bought – 3 tbsp ( Dry roast 1 tbsp Channa Dal , 1 tbsp Urad dal , 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds, 1/2 tbsp Coriander seeds, 2 tbsp Sesame seeds, 2 red chillies . Switch off the stove and add 10 Curry Leaves. Cool the Spices and Grind with Marble size tamarind and Salt)
6. Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
7. Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
8. Finely Chopped Coriander and Curry Leaves
9. Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
10 . Curry Powder – 1 tbsp and
Coconut mixture ( Grind Handful of Coconut with 2 Green Chillies and Salt) 11. Juice of Half Lime
1. Pressure Cook Indian Broad beans with little water and salt . When Pressure comes down transfer Beans into a wide Plate and Cool them before adding to the Curry . So the Beans won’t be mushy and holds the shape.
2. Grind Onions coarsely with a tbsp of cumin seeds or Chop them finely .
3. Boil the Potatoes and season them with Curry Powder .
4. Heat 2 tbsp Oil and fry Coarsely grind Onions until light brown . Then add Crushed Garlic and fry Couple of Minutes .
5. Add Broad Beans and fry for 5 minutes till water evaporates.
5. Switch off the stove and add Seasoned Potatoes , Curry leaf powder , Coconut mixture and Chopped Coriander Leaves. Check for SALT and SPICES and add accordingly .
Squeeze juice of Half lime.
SERVE with STEAMED RICE or PHULKA