Tangy Pancakes with Homemade ready Pancake Batter – Quick Morning Breakfast with Cauliflower Pancakes .
Tangy Cauliflower Pancakes is an easy Breakfast recipe which will be loved by everyone in the family because of the tangy taste from Fermented batter. Easy way to feed some Vegetables for Kids in the form of Breakfast . It will take less time to prepare the Breakfast if you do the Preparation Day before like Soaking , grinding and Fermenting. Mix all the Ingredients and refrigerate. You will have a ready Pancake Batter . This Batter will stay good for 3 to 4 days. Enjoy these easy Pancakes for 2 to 3 days in a Week . They taste good on their own .
Cauliflower is one of the healthiest and Versatile super food that can be prepared in multiple ways such as roasted , steamed , stirfried and even in pizza crust and great source of several Vitamins and nutrients. Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable meaning that it has four petal flowers that resemble a Greek cross. Cruciferous vegetables contain nutrients that have been linked to Cancer prevention . The veggie comes in a variety of colors , including white , purple , orange and green. Purple Cauliflower is rich in tannins , while Orange cauliflower is rich in beta – carotene . Half a cup of Cauliflower contains roughly 40 percent of your daily intake of Vitamin C and has about 15 Calories. The sulforphane an organic sulfur compond found in cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower has the potential effect to improve kidney function and blood pressure.It is low in fat , low in Carbohydrates and ranks low on GI making it a great choice for diabetics.
Adding legumes to grains will improve Zinc intake . Deficiency may lead to hair loss , Skin ,Vision , impaired appetite and depressed immunity. Zinc is also critical to vision and works together with Vitamin A . If you are a vegetarian include seeds and lentils on a daily basis toward s ensuring good Zinc nutrition . Soaking beans seeds and grains for several hours may significantly improve Zinc bioavailability from these foods. Lentils are not rich in fat and Calories and are very good source of Cholesterol lowering fiber. Compared to other types of dried beans lentils are relatively quick and easy to prepare if you soak for couple of hours. Fermented foods are predigested by bacteria and hence easier to digest . Also lactic acid and enzymes formed during the fermentation process aid digestion especially protein digestion . Lactic acid formed during fermentation not only preserves the food but promotes the growth of intestinal flora.Source : Health Magazines
Here is a simple recipe with 5 main Ingredients.
Recipe for 12 Medium Pancakes .
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 Minutes .
1. Fermented Dosa Batter –
2 Measuring Cups ( Soak 1 Cup Brown Basamati rice or Daliya (Cracked Wheat or Quinoa) , 1/2 Cup Urad dal , 1/4 th cup Channa Dal, 1/4 th Yellow Moong Dal , 1/4 th Cup Green Moong with 1/2 tbsp Fenugreek seeds. Soak for 5 to 6 Hours . Grind with enough water and ferment Overnight). The batter should not be runny .
2. Wheat flour or Bajra flour or Jowar flour – 1/4 th Cup ( Optional . Add if the batter is runny)
3. Finely chopped or Grated Cauliflower
4. Chopped Onion – Medium and Grated carrot
5. Finely chopped Coriander Leaves
7. Curry Powder ( Blend of Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder , Garlic and fresh Coriander ) or Rasam Powder or Sambar powder – 1 tbsp
8. Oil – 1 to 2 tbsp
9. Soaked Channa Dal – 1/2 Cup
1. To the fermented batter add finely chopped or Grated Cauliflower , onions , Chopped Coriander, Soaked Channa Dal , Salt , flour and Rasam or sambar or Curry Powder.
2. Mix well . No need to add Water. Check for Salt and Spices and add accordingly . You can refrigerate or prepare immediately .
3. Heat Pan on Medium / Medium High flame and grease with Oil .
4.Take a big spoonful of Batter and pour on warm Pan . Drizzle Oil over the edges. Fry on both sides till light Brown . After you flip you can press on the pancake for Crispy Pancakes.
5. Serve warm . No need of any Ketchup or sauce. They taste good on their own.