No Cooking Lunch ,
I like to take break from Cooking at least Once or twice a week . Wednesday is a Pizza Day for Kids in School .So no need to pack Lunch Boxes for Kids . At the same time I don’t want to cook for myself. Salads to my rescue. I always have some Cooked Beans or Sprouts in the refrigerator . Asked husband to bring Puffed rice over the weekend . Instead he bought Roasted Poha( flattened rice) . So I had some grains to add for Salad. Quickly chopped the vegetables and enjoyed for Lunch . It takes time to chew and we will be satisfied with a Bowl of Salad and won’t be hungry till Dinner. Along with it I had a Dessert , that I prepared over the Weekend( Ladoo) . This week I shared Oats Ladoo . You can find recipe in my Blog. Here is the Simple recipe with every day Ingredients from your Pantry.
Recipe for 2 .
Time taken : 15 minutes
1 Cup – Measuring Cup
1. Moong Sprouts – 1 Cup
2. Roasted red rice Poha ( Flattened rice) of your Choice ( White, Brown or Red)
3. Salad Cucumber – One Peeled and diced and Grated Carrot .
4. Roma tomatoes or Tomatoes of your choice – 2 ( Chopped)
5. Onion – 1 medium ( Chopped)
6. Green Bell Pepper
7. Juice of Lime – Half
8. Finely chopped Coriander and Mint Leaves
9. Chopped Cabbage
10 . Juice of Lime
11. Spices – Red chilli powder , Roasted Cumin powder, Freshly ground Black pepper , Mixed Herbs, Chaat masala and Salt
12. Roasted Mixed Nuts of your choice ( Peanuts or Cashews or Walnuts or Pistachio’s )
13. Sesame Oil – 1 tbsp
1. Mix Onions, Chopped Cucumber , Tomatoes, Cabbage , Bell pepper , Sprouts in a bowl .
2. Add Salt , Red chilli Powder, Cumin powder, Chaat masala , Black Pepper and Mixed herbs. Add Sesame Oil . Squeeze juice of Oil .
3. Mix well . Check for Salt and Spices and add accordingly .
4. Add Roasted Poha ( flattened rice) and Mixed Nuts .
5 Finally add Chopped Coriander , Mint Leaves and Mixed herbs .