Quick Morning Breakfast with Sprouts Spread .
If you are looking for different Breakfast recipe, then try this recipe which was a hit with my Kids. I like eating Raw Moong Sprouts in Salads or as side for Lunch . If I ask my Kids to eat Sprouts I won’t get positive answer . So need to hide in their favorite Vegetable . I added Sprouts to the filling. Older one liked it , but not the Younger one. So next time when we had the same for Breakfast I grinded the Sprouts with Green chilli , Salt and Ginger and Mixed with the filling. This way my younger one didn’t notice Sprouts on the toast . You can use the filling as a spread on Bread of Your choice or on Palm sized Phulka . Do the preparation night before and refrigerate , so you can prepare Breakfast in 10 minutes .Kids are going to like this Bite size Breakfast without knowing there are Sprouts in the Spread . Kids are going to like the new taste of spread on the toast.
Sprouts are good source of fiber with few Calories and best for weight loss and have the richest source of amino acids ( for Protein) Vitamins and minerals . Most of the heart and blood pressure problems are due to excess intake of sodium . Sprouts are free from sodium which helps our body reduce high blood pressure and reduce blood cholesterol levels. Unpeeled potatoes are rich in B complex vitamins which help your body form blood cells and make energy from protein, carbohydrates and fat from the food you eat . If you add butter or cream to mashed potato you will increase fat and Calories and at the same time cooking Potato in water depletes some of its nutrients. Even though Sprouts are good , eat in moderation and suggested to use home grown sprouts. If not cleaned properly bacteria present on sprouts will keep multiplying . Rinse in cold water before use and consume in 3 to 4 days . Source : Health magazines.
Here is a Simple recipe with few Ingredients .
Cooking Tips :
1. Prepare Phulka ( Indain Bread prepared with Whole Wheat flour) night before and refrigerate .
2 . Prepare the sprouts Spread night before and refrigerate .
Recipe for 6 .
Preparation and Cooking time – Less than 30 minutes
1. Boiled Potato – 3 ( Peeled and Mashed)
2. Moong Sprouts – 1 Cup
3. Bread of your Choice( White or Brown or Multi grain) – 6 Slices or Palm size Phulka prepared with Whole Wheat flour
4. Curry Powder ( Blend of Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder , Garlic and fresh Corinader )or Rasam powder or Sambar powder – 1 tbsp
5. Oil – 1 tbsp
7. Finely chopped Coriander and Mint leaves
8. Green Chillies and Grated ginger or small piece of Ginger .
9. Ajwain – 1/2 tbsp ( Optional)
1. Grind Sprouts with Green Chilli , Salt and small piece of Ginger .
2. Transfer to a Bowl . Add Mashed Potato , Curry powder or Sambar powder, 1 tbsp Oil and finely chopped Coriander and Mint leaves .
3. Mix well . Check for Salt and Spices and add accordingly .
4. Divide the Sprouts spread into 6 equal Portions.
5. Heat a wide Pan with little Oil .
Cut each toast into 4 and Serve them with KETCHUP .