Green Beans Masala Curry
All these years I use to prepare Simple stir fry or Pancakes with Green Beans . This is the first time I prepared Masala Curry with Green Beans. It turned out really tasty Serve with steamed rice or Phulka .I buy Green Beans in Microwavable bag which is easy to steam in Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes. If you buy Green Beans not in the bag, wash them throughly Chop and cook in (using Microwave Safe Bowl) Microwave or cook in Pressure Cooker for fast Cooking.
Serve with Steamed rice or Phulka or place the curry in a Tortilla( Wrap) along with Lettuce and Sliced Onions .
Cooking Tips :
1. Wash , Cook and Chop Green Beans and refrigerate. Cook and refrigerate Potatoes.
2. Chop Onions , Tomato and Grate Carrot.
3. Prepare Spice Powder and refrigerate .
Recipe for 4 People .
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 minutes
1. Green Beans – 2 Bags or 6 Handfuls ( Cooked and Chop in an angle)
2. Onion – Medium ( Chopped) Garlic cloves – 6 ( Peeled and Crushed) , Ginger – 1 tbsp ( Grated )
3. Tomatoes – 3 ( Chopped)
4. Potatoes – 3 ( Cooked and Cubed)
5. Grated Carrot – 1/2 Cup
6. Oil – 3 to 4 tbsp
7. Salt , Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp and Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
8. Finely chopped Coriander and Mint Leave
9. Curry Powder – 1 tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli Powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder , Garlic and fresh Coriander) and Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
10 .Spices to roast and Grind – Roast 1 /2 tbsp Coriander seeds, 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds , 5 Walnuts , 5 almonds , 2 tbsp Sesame seeds , Red chillies – 1 or 2 . Cool the Spices and grind with 1/4 th cup dry coconut and 2 Green chillies .
1. Cook Green Beans in Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes . Transfer to a Bowl . Wash and chop them in an angle .
2. Heat 2 tbsp Oil and fry Green Beans until light Brown Uncovered. Transfer to a Bowl .
3. In the same Pan add 2 tbsp Oil and add cumin seeds followed by chopped Onions. Once Onions are Brown add Crushed garlic and grated ginger. Fry for couple of minutes .
4. Add Chopped Tomatoes and cook until soft . Mix in between to avoid burning . Once tomato is soft , Mash with back of the spoon. If needed add Oil . Once tomatoes are soft and cooked add Curry Powder and grated Carrot. Mix well .
5. Add Cooked and cubed Potato and fried Green Beans, Spice Powder( Mentioned under Spices to roast and Grind) , Chopped Coriander and Mint Leaves. Mix gently . Switch off the stove. Check for Salt and Spices and add accordingly .
SERVE warm .