Instant Carrot Lime Rasam/Soup
At the end of week we all will have some left over Carrots and to make good use of them is in the form of Rasam prepared with everyday ingredients . I prepared this Instant Carrot rasam with Homemade Spice powder . Lime juice and Spices will supress the sweet taste of Carrots and gives a little tangy taste and nice aroma from Spices and Ghee tadka. As it is Instant rasam I added Yellow moong dal to give thickness for rasam and no need to cook dal separately . Serve with Bowl of STEAMED RICE and Papad or as a side for Lunch /Dinner
Recipe for 3 to 4 People .
Preparation and Cooking time : Less than 30 Minutes
1. Baby Carrots – 10 to 15 ( Chopped) Grind with Spices
2. Juice of Lime – 1/2
3. Tomato – 2 ( Microwave for 2 minutes(1+1 minutes) Cool , Peel the skin and crumble)
4. Oil – 1 tbsp and Ghee – 1/2 tbsp
5. Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp , Mustard seeds – 1/4 th tbsp , Hing – Pinch
6. Salt and Turmeric
7. Curry Leaves and finely chopped Coriander leaves
8. Water – 2 Measuring Cups
9. Spices to Roast and Grind –
Dry roast 2 tbsp YELLOW MOONG DAL . When it is light Brown add 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds, 1/2 tbsp Coriander seeds, 5 Fenugreek seeds , Pepper cons – 5 to6 , Red chilies – 2 to 3 .
Cool the Spices and grind with 2 tbsp Coconut, 3 Cloves Garlic and small piece of Ginger with 1/2 Cup Water and Chopped or Grated CARROTS too . Add 1/2 more cup Water to the Paste .
1. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and 1/2 tbsp Ghee .Add Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Red chilies ,Hing and Curry Leaves.
2. Add the grind Paste along with crumbled Tomato . Add One more Cup water . Season with Salt and Turmeric and bring to boil .
3. Once it comes to boil , Switch off the stove and add Chopped Coriander Leaves and Ghee .
4. Check for Salt and Spices and add accordingly .
5. Wait for few minutes and squeeze Juice of Lime .
SERVE Steamed Rice or as a side for Lunch/Dinner