Quick Morning Breakfast with Poha( Flattened Rice )Spices and Green Moong .
Start your morning with this easy Breakfast recipe which will be loved by everyone in your family .Poha ( flattened rice) with Green Moong is a very tasty Breakfast recipe you can Cook in less time. After each Spoon you feel like eating more and more . Even Kids will like the Sweet and soft bite of Green Moong with a mild spice from Green chillies and Ginger. I added tomato and Bell pepper at the end so they still have a fresh taste in each bite. You can flavor it with Sambar Powder or Rasam powder or Curry Powder. Don’t forget to add Lime juice for a litte Sour taste and fresh flavor from Coriander and Mint leaves. You are going to fall in love with this new Breakfast recipe and want to prepare again and again. Here is the Simple recipe with everyday Ingredients from your Pantry.
Recipe for 3 .
Preparation and Cooking time: 15 Minutes .
Cooking Tips :
1. Cook Green Moong day before and refrigerate
. 2 Chop Vegetables and refrigerate .
3. Measure Poha and store in a Box .
1 Cup = Measuring Cup
1. Poha ( Flattened Rice) ( White Poha or Brown Poha or Red rice Poha) – 1 Cup
2. Green Moong – 1 Cup ( Cooked)
3. Onion – 1 medium ( Chopped)
4 . Tomato – 1 ( Chopped)
5. Green Bell Pepper( Capsicum) – 1/2 ( Chopped)
6. Chopped Coriander and Mint leaves , Curry leaves
7. Green Chilli paste or Chopped Green chillies, Chopped Ginger – 1 tbsp
8. Oil – 2 tbsp
9. Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
10 . Sambar Powder or Curry powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp
11. Juice of Lime – 1/2
1. Wash Poha( flattened rice) 3 to 4 times. No need to soak in Water.
2. Heat Oil and add Cumin seeds , Mustard seeds and Urad dal followed by finely chopped Onions.
3. Once Onions are Brown add Green chilli paste , Chopped Ginger and Curry Leaves. Fry for a minute
4. Add Cooked Green Moong and Washed Poha( flattened rice) . Mix gently . If you feel it is dry Sprinkle some Water.
5. Add chopped Tomato , Bell Pepper, Sambar powder or Curry Powder , Chopped Coriander and Mint Leaves .
6. Squeeze Juice of Lime .
7. Mix gently . Check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly .