Dipping for Dosa – Breakfast /Kids Lunch Box
When Kids say they are not hungry for Breakfast , then time to try something new for regular Breakfast. When ever I crave for something sweet I add some Jaggery and fine Daliya or Semolina and nuts to Milk and satisfy my sweet Cravings . This dipping is new for my Kids but not for me. I remember my mother prepares with rice flour , milk and Jaggery and serve with Dosa instead of regular Chutney . It taste soooo good. Here is my Version .
It will taste good at room temperature , so you can even pack for Kids Lunch Box with Dosa.
RECIPE for 3 . Preparation and Cooking time : 10 Minutes .
Recipe link for Dosa :
https://vegetarianhomestylecooking2015.wordpress.com/2015/06/04/Mixed dal dosa with less rice
1. Milk – 8 Ounces ( One glass )
2. Nuts – 1/2 Cup ( Soaked)
3. Semolina( Sooji) or Rice flour – 1 tbsp ( for thickening)
4. Jaggery or Brown Sugar or Sweetner of your choice – 2 tbsp or accordingly
5. Cardamom – 3 ( powdered)
6. Ghee – 1/2 tbsp
1. Grind 1/2 cup Soaked nuts with Cardamom and milk .
2. Heat 1/2 tbsp Ghee and roast semolina ( sooji). If you want to use Rice flour , don’t roast rice flour.
3. Add milk slowly and mix without lumps. Once cooked switch off the stove and add Jaggery or Brown Sugar or Sweetner of your Choice . And Ghee.
4. Check for sweetness and add accordingly.
5. SERVE with crispy Dosa (Mixed Dal Dosa with less rice ) .
Recipe link for Mixed Dal Dosa with Less rice ( Brown Basmati rice)
https://vegetarianhomestylecooking2015.wordpress.com/Mixed dal dosa with less rice