Cauliflower Popcorn with Steamed Rice and Mango Moong Dal Rasam – Kids Lunch Box /Dinner / Weekend Lunch
Recipe for 4 People . Preparation and Cooking time : 30 minutes
Cauliflower is one of my kids favorite vegetable , they call it as Vegetarian chicken . There favorite way to eat Cauliflower is in the form of Big florets cooked in Vegetable Gravy or Cauliflower Popcorn. Cauliflower Popcorn are very Crispy and tasty and prepared with few ingredients . No need to Bake or Shallow fry for Crispiness . Just Pan fried . For me it is easy to cook in the morning as I do preparations day before. I microwaved the florets for 4 minutes so they cook in less than 10 minutes by the time Rice and Mango Moong Dal Rasam is cooked. or if you don’t want to microwave , just dip small florets in the batter and Pan fry. Here is the Simple recipe for Cauliflower Popcorn prepared with 3 main Ingredients .
Cooking Tips :
1. Mix Chickpea flour , Rice flour , Curry powder , Salt and Ajwain with sufficient water and refrigerate.
2. Microwave Cauliflower florets for 2 + 2 minutes and refrigerate
Recipe Link for Mango Moong Dal Rasam
1. Cauliflower – Small florets ( 40 to 50 for 4 People)
2. Chickpea flour and Rice flour – 1 1/2 measuring cup
4. Curry Powder – 1 tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin powder , Garlic and fresh Coriander)
6. Ajwain – 1/2 tbsp
7. Oil – 2 tbsp for Panfrying
1. Mix Chickpea flour , Rice flour , Salt , Curry powder and Ajwain with sufficient water. The batter must be thick to coat the florets.
2. Wash Cauliflower florets and Microwave for 2 + 2 minutes or you can Steam on stove top for fast cooking.
3. Heat a wide pan with little Oil .
4. Dip Cauliflower florets in the batter and place in a single layer . Flip after 2 minutes and drizzle Oil on each floret . Pan fry till Golden Brown . It will take 5 to 7 Minutes if you cook on Medium High flame .