Onions Nuts Chutney for Breakfast /Appetizers / Kids Lunch Box with Methi Pakora
For Monday Kids Lunch Box I was planning to pack Methi Pakora. Thinking what will be the perfect pair for the Pakora’s. Just remembered Onion Chutney . With all the Vegetables I completely forgotten about this Chutney . It is very tasty Chutney . Sunday evening I prepared and refrigerated. It is difficult to prepare in the Morning as my daughter has to go School by 7 A. M . You don’t need to reheat the Chutney . It will come to room temperature by Lunch time. I prepared Methi Pakora in the Morning. Just Pan fried. Onion Nuts Chutney is a Simple recipe prepared with few Ingredients. It will be little Sweet and Sour taste. I guarantee Kids will bring their empty Lunch Boxes. I added Mixed Nuts and Spices like Cumin and Coriander for flavor and Red chillies for little Spicy bite. Don’t forget to add Seasoning for little crunch from Urad dal and smoky flavor from Cumin seeds and Hing. You can refrigerate and Use the Chutney for 3 to 4 Days . Serve with Breakfast recipes like Dosa , Idli , Upma and even with Poha . Or as a side for Lunch / Dinner or with Appetizers. Here is the Simple recipe with few Ingredients.
Recipe for 4 .
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 Minutes
Pack for Kids Lunch Box with any Appetizers like Methi Pakora .
1. Onions – 2 Big( Chopped)
2. Tamarind – Marble Size
3. Jaggery – 2 tbsp
4. Spices to roast and Grind – Handful of Mixed Nuts, 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds, 1/2 Coriander Seeds, 1 tbsp Sesame seeds , Red chillies – 4
5. Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
6. Oil – 3 to 4 tbsp
7. Curry Leaves and Finely chopped Coriander Leaves
8. Seasoning – Black or White Split Urad dal – 1 tbsp , Cumin and Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp each , Red Chillies – 2 , Hing ( Asafoetida) – Pinch
1. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and add Cumin seeds( 1/2 tbsp) followed by Chopped Onions. Season with Salt and Turmeric. Cover and cook until light Brown . Mix in between .
2. Once Onions are Brown Switch off the Stove and add Tamarind and Jaggery , Cool the Onion Mixture before Grinding.
3. Roast the Spices mentioned Under Spices to Roast and Grind . Cool before Grinding. Grind and Transfer to a Bowl .
4. Now grind Onions Coarsely and transfer to the Spice Bowl . Mix well .
4. Heat 2 to 3 tbsp Oil and splutter Mustard seeds followed by Urad dal , Cumin seeds, Red chillies and Hing. Switch off the Stove and add Curry Leaves and the Chutney to the Seasoning. Mix .
5. Check for Salt , Spices and Sweetness and add accordingly . Add Chopped Coriander.
Note : If needed you can add 1/2 tbsp Red chilli Powder