Split Green Moong Dal Pancakes with or without Grains for Lunch/Breakfast – 5 Ingredients . Kids are going to like the Surprise taste in the Pancakes .
3 more days for Summer Vacation. Today is Half day for Kids . So they will eat Lunch at Home. My daughter asked me to surprise her with a new recipe for Lunch. So Instant means Dosa or Poha or Upma. I have Split Green Moong Dal which doesn’t need overnight soaking. Just an hour is sufficient. Sometimes I just eat Moong Dal Uttapam adding little grains. Today I skipped Grains but topped it with Potato slices. This is a Surprise Lunch for my Kids. When I served , they asked did I topped the Pancake with Boiled egg . I asked them to taste . They took a small bite and said Yum with their eyes wide Open . Because it is their favorite Vegetable. ( Everybody’s) . Doesn’t need any chutney as I grinded the batter with Green chilli ,Onion and Ginger. It will add spicy bite.and helps in digestion . I served these Pancakes with Ladoo ( Dessert) and fruit. It is going to keep them full until Dinner time. Here is the Simple recipe with 5 main Ingredients
Recipe for 2 Medium Pancakes .
Preparation and Cooking time: Less than 30 minutes .
2 Medium Potato – 2 Cooked and Sliced
3. Onion – 1/4 th Cup ( Chopped)
4. Green Chilli – 1
5. Ginger – Small piece
7. Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
8. Oil – 1/2 tbsp
1. Soak Green Split Moong Dal or Whole green Moong Dal with grains . Wash 3 to 4 times.
2. Grind with Green chilli , Small piece of Ginger , Salt , Cumin seeds and Onion without water.
3. Heat a Small Pan with Oil . When the Pan is warm enough pour 2 Big spoonful of Batter . Top it with Sliced Potato ( Cooked ) . Season the potato with little Salt and Black Pepper.
4. When the bottom of the Pancake is light brown flip slowly and Cook until light Brown . Drizzle Oil over the edges .
5. When both sides are brown transfer to a Plate.